NUD! new Kala tenor

RobinMS

Reaction score
The big brown truck just pulled away, and left my new Kala KA-ATP-CTG -- that's a tenor with a solid cedar top, acacia laminate sides and back, padauk binding and a gloss finish. So far, I love it. It's B-stock, with a visible flaw at the soundhole, but the sound isn't affected and I don't see the flaw unless I look for it. Purchased from Mim. Excellent transaction, and I think there was negative sales pressure -she really encouraged me to think about what I wanted and make sure the flaw wouldn't bother me.

Of course, now I can't blame my playing faults on my instrument - but this is a joy to play, which should increase my practice time. And, best of all, my 12 year old is now interested in playing my soprano.....

Congrats. Sounds really nice. Could you post pics for us? I have a Kala tenor, which I really like.

Congratulations on the new ukulele!

...... Of course, now I can't blame my playing faults on my instrument - but this is a joy to play, which should increase my practice time. And, best of all, my 12 year old is now interested in playing my soprano.....

I'm glad you said this. When people say they don't want to by a nicer ukulele because their playing doesn't justify it, I try to explain that if an ukulele encourages you to play it more, you do get better. Have fun with your new ukulele! And be sure to post photos when you get a chance!

Congrats... you'll love Kala. ... and tenors are a joy to play

Aloha Robin,
Congrats, I hate when that happens, gotta call and schedule for redilivery tomorrow then.....happy strummings I am sure you will be waiting tomorrow outside with a ice tea....:)

So, here it is Friday, and I've had my new tenor since Tuesday. My fretting fingers are kinda sore, but not too bad -and I'm hitting chords I couldn't make on the soprano. And, just like everyone says, now that I'm playing an instrument whose sound I love, I'm playing more and working harder. My daughter is playing the Kohala soprano,with the promise that if she decides to continue, we'll buy her a better uke in a few months.

Oh, and as much as I thiught I wanted the satin finish? I'm loving the gloss!

Top Bottom