FS: Classic Epiphone Electric Mandobird IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

allanr

Reaction score
****SOLD****

Please help treat my UAS (Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome). Due to recent acquisitions the Personal Ukulele Institute must deaccession some holdings. My loss can be your gain.

On the block is this supercool Epiphone Mandobird IV. Built as a solid body, steel string electric mandolin, with a mini P90 magnetic pickup, this baby can rock you all night long. I've tuned it like a standard ukulele (GCEA) and set the intonation so that it is right on. It can be yours for only $$$$ Offers considered.

In very good used condition, one dent on the front, minor wear marks elsewhere. Includes original Epiphone gigbag.

mandobird1.jpgmandobird2.jpg

Price: shipped lower 48 and Canada.
Allan

Last edited:
In response to some queries;

Gig bag is Epiphone branded, has very little padding. Handle plus single shoulder strap.

Overall length is tenor sized at 27 inches, but the scale is only 14 inches.
The nut is a narrow, mandolin size of between 1 3/16 and 1 1/4 inches.
The uke is clean and in excellent condition. There is one 1/2" shallow dent on the front, visible in the photo.

I found that mandolin strings are too light on the treble side, and have used a set guitar strings like 12-52s, using the 12, 16, 24, and 32

The steel strings really shine through guitar effect pedals and powerful tube amps.

OK... Twist my poor old arm!

$200 shipped to lower 48 or Canada.

Bump.

$180 shipped anywhere in Canada or US lower 48.

If that isn't enough to move it to a new home in the next few days, I'll just keep it. It's still cool and unique even if I don't play it as much as I used to.

Or Catalonia?

In fact this is a good moment to ask why so many Americans limit their offers to the US. Is this due to problems that people have had in the past?

On an international forum, it seems strange to limit your potential buyer base, even if it is to the richest part of the planet ;).

In fact this is a good moment to ask why so many Americans limit their offers to the US. Is this due to problems that people have had in the past?
Many people have had trouble shipping internationally. Most Americans don't do this, so we don't understand issues of import duty, customs, etc.. Plus there have been many stories of payment issues as different countries have different rules regarding refunds, etc.. It is a headache many don't want to deal with. Plus international shipping costs have really gone up the last year or so- in some cases they have tripled.

Thanks for clearing that up Tiger. And Allan, any idea how much postage would cost from the USA for the instrument?

Or Catalonia?

On an international forum, it seems strange to limit your potential buyer base, even if it is to the richest part of the planet ;).
I've shipped to Canada , Italy, England, and Brazil, and haven't had any problems. Shipping runs about $50 for priority international. Made it to Brazil in 11 days. All the forms are on the USPS site. Just used a ziplock baggie for the docs. not really too much of a problem, not much harder than shipping CONUS.

I didn't even know these things existed! I am in utter envy of the person who is fortunate enough to buy this!

Sadly, I currently can't afford to splash out .......

Europe is expensive. About $75 by surface mail. Double that by air.

Bump!

It's down to $175 shipped lower 48 and Canada. Offers considered.

Close up of the uke and zoom in on the dent.

body-front.jpg - - - - Dent.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom