My Placido LFDM Ukulele is finally here!!

Dan Uke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I received my LFDM yesterday and the uke is gorgeous and the sound is what I imagined it to be. After getting a spec uke from Luis, I wanted to get a custom uke from him.

The woods are Adi Spruce Top, Macassar Ebony B&S, with Quilted Bubinga Rosette and Bindings. LR Baggs 5.0 Pickup and Gotoh Stealth Tuners

There is a Cross that represents my faith and a Philippines Sun and Korean Ying Yang from the flags and will always remind me of my family. This is a uke I want to pass to my kids!

It currently has a buzz so I need to send it back for Luis to fix but it's sounds beautiful!! I can't wait to get it back so I can realize its full potential!!

Placido (1).jpgPlacido (2).jpgPlacido (3).jpgPlacido (4).jpgPlacido (5).jpg

Last edited:
Nice Daniel...

I hope you get it back fast....

it should be even better....
congrats....

Congrats Daniel....Nice job....hope you get it fixed very quickly....it looks real nice...

It sounds and looks beautiful.....congrats Daniel!!!

do you piano too??

Congrats, a real stunner. Quite a "family heirloom."

Congratulations Daniel. That stinks about having to send it back, but I'm sure that Luis will take care of the problem. I had the same buzzing issue with the my custom Boat Paddle after receiving it. I sent it back to Jerry Hoffman and he took care of the problem. It sounds wonderful now and is one of my favorites.

Wow! Your new LFdM sounds and looks so amazing. That is exceptional clarity and depth! Congratulations!
(Great video too!)
Luis really set a new bar with your new Placido. What strings do have on it, SC?

Hopefully you will have it back soon.

Nongdam, the quilted bubinga is especially wonderful in contrast and texture on the soundhole. Sounds quite excellent, and I didn't notice the buzz in your playing. :) Get it back quick and enjoy.

Lovely uke, but I see what you mean about the buzz. Your video was almost painful to hear because of it. :rolleyes:

Thank you everyone and I'm 100% confident that Luis will take care of it. He is very sincere and for me, the journey with a luthier is very important as well as the final product.

Gotta give props to Andrew at Hawaii Music Supply to examine 4 of the "Magnificent 7" and letting us know of little things that we wouldn't be aware of. Luis has learned from Andrew's comments and they will be even better next time! It's awesome that HMS is taking in custom orders from the likes of Ko'olau, Pepe Romer, LFDM, Kerry Char, Compass Rose, etc. but you get the expertise of HMS to examine it and give their expert setup. You have peace of mind going thru Andrew and I heard that he's ordering 4 more next year!! I don't know if they are all presold before he get's them but you are in good hands with Andrew. He reviewed 3 of the ukes http://www.ukulelesupply.com/lfdm/

If you want 100% custom, then you should order directly with Luis.

@Dana: I used my Zoom H2N recorder so much better sound than my camera.

@Coolcow: Just like most Asian kids, I've learned piano but don't remember much now. My parents just bought a piano for my kids. I thought I would never own an instrument more expensive than my MBU! LOL

@Doc_J: SC Round Wound Low G...I sent these strings to Luis...I don't mind the squeek so prefer these over the smooth wound

Wow Daniel. Spruce and Macassar are great wood choices. Like the cross on the headstock. Your playing in the video sounds good as always. Congratulations on a stunning uke!

Wow Daniel. Spruce and Macassar are great wood choices. Like the cross on the headstock. Your playing in the video sounds good as always. Congratulations on a stunning uke!

Thanks Richard. I'm so glad that you can see the cross clearly in the video. We gotta jam soon!!

Very beautiful Daniel! Your playing keeps getting better and better.

Very beautiful Daniel! Your playing keeps getting better and better.

Thanks Don...I would play better if I took lessons from Sarah Maisel too!!

When are you going to share your uke? I'm most curious in yours as it has quilted maple B&S, which isn't a wood he used in the past.

Top Bottom