Competition for The Outdoor Ukulele perhaps?

kaizersoza

Reaction score
Last edited:
Free shipping to USA. Something doesn't compute but they've got great feedback.

Also: http://www.clearwaterinstruments.com/index2.php?uid=4

I don't think it's free to USA: "CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE THE UNITED KINGDOM POSTAGE AND PACKING CHARGES SHOWN IN THE DROP DOWN BOX TO COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE UK ARE FOR GUIDANCE ONLY. ONCE YOU HAVE ENTERED YOUR ADDRESS DETAILS IN THE CHECKOUT, THE EXACT SHIPPING WILL BE CALCULATED, AT THIS POINT YOU MAY CANCEL YOUR ORDER IF YOU SO WISH"

I asked them about shipping to USA. Their answer: "Shipping one of these ABS ukes to the States is £16.50GBP Airmail recorded delivery. Usually takes about a week."

They are only Really Useful in the UK and wherever else they deliver lol, I have pulled the trigger on one and will post a review when I have given it a good going over

Look forward to your review...might get one sooner, gotta be orange! Shipping: $25.74 for one, $37.44 for two. Any UU'ers in the bay area want to split??

My Outdoor uke should arrive today...would be a fun comparison.

OBTW...why is this thread in the "Links and Videos" and not in "Buying Tips"??

As a general rule of thumb, all links to ebay auctions are kept out of the marketplace and placed on the links and videos board.

I would very much like to know how they compare. I had ODU #16.

which ukulele would you "dump" to buy one of these? And I had ODU #20.

My concerns about this ukulele:

- intonation and consistency (as they are reviewed we'll see how that goes).
- fret and saddle wear.

ODU did well on both of the above. I dumped my ODU mostly because I'm collecting too many of these things.

which ukulele would you "dump" to buy one of these? And I had ODU #20.

My concerns about this ukulele:

- intonation and consistency (as they are reviewed we'll see how that goes).
- fret and saddle wear.

ODU did well on both of the above. I dumped my ODU mostly because I'm collecting too many of these things.

I wouldn't dump any for one of these. I'd say I might just trade my Smiley straight up, but Jake just signed it! :)

Smiley.jpg

I agree I wouldn't dump any ukes to make room for one of these, I just thought it would save me taking more expensive ukes camping/hiking etc, it will be with me tomorrow, I have bought a Clearwater uke before as a beater and I nearly sold it a few times but to be fair it has a great sound for a cheapish uke and my partner has started to learn and she loves the uke

Top Bottom