Strings for my tenor uke banjo (low G)

Brother7

Reaction score
Hi just purchased a short scale tenor uke banjo and wondered if anyone knows where I can get a set of low G strings for it as I guess they need to be steel wound as a normal banjo. Or am I way off?

I have searched the internet and found nothing...

Saw a post a few days ago. Someone measured the regular Aquila concert size strings compared to the Aquila banjo uke strings. Very nearly identical. I have a new soprano banjo uke and I'm putting regular Aquila concert strings on it.

If you're looking for fluorocarbon strings, check out Living Water Strings. Just email Ken - he's a member on here too.
I believe he can get you either low G or high G (?) but probably best to check w/him directly.
I have a set of his re-entrant dGBE on a tenor banjo that I really like. For tenor banjo he charges a little more for the extra length.
http://www.kenmiddleton.co.uk/Pages/LWS.aspx

The best strings for your banjo uke are the ones that you are most happy with, provided there isn't enough tension to damage the instrument. Experiment and see what you like. You don't have to have it set up the way you are "supposed" to, just make sure the nut and saddle slots are the right size for the given strings.

Top Bottom