What a huge fail that was :(

Ukeplayer2013

Reaction score
I'm no wood worker. I was trying to build a mini (travel uke) about 4 inches different in size of the one I am awaiting the wood to be cut from a family member. Messed up my neck, measured my lines sideways of the grain, wasted wood and broke my dads ban saw blade. I guess it's a first time for everything. I was going way to fast and not taking my time.
Now all I got to do now is wait for my (other wood) to be cut so I can keep going on my original acoustic travel ukulele ( Plans from Daniel Hulbert ). At least all I got to do to that one is glue it. I am going to try again that's for sure.

LOL! It sounds like you are having a blast learning though! Keep having fun. Don't get hurt. And be sure to show off your creation when it all comes together for you!

Waiting for wood? You need a shed as messy as mine. I am forever scrounging wood whenever I can. I have made a few travel ukes from recycling wooden shipping pallets.
Check out some of the ideas on instructables while you are waiting.
http://www.instructables.com/tag/type-id/?sort=none&q=ukulele

My uke'n'paddle isn't so much a travel uke as a uke to travel with.

Well I managed to fit pieces together and there is maybe a bit of hope left. Some of you that are reading this knows that I'm building an acoustic travel ukulele plans from circuitsandstrings.wordpress.com. That's the wood I'm waiting for. But I'm attempting to build a smaller one just for kicks. So far it's coming along ok. The original build will be posted at the appropriate forum thread so that everyone can see it. Pictures of this one coming soon. Strings I'll be using will be mandolin strings and 2 tuners but room for 2 more. Until I get 2 more tuners and put uke strings on it. I'm building both projects out of. Scraps.

Top Bottom