"EARN" from my mistakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allanr

Reaction score
NO LONGER FOR SALE
(Refer to final post in thread)

I am a constant tinkerer and experimenter. Occasionally my experiments don't work out exactly as planned.

I have for sale an absolutely fabulous instrument that I tinkered with a bit too much. Nearly all of my mistakes are invisible, and the visible ones are only visible on close inspection. This ukulele would normally sell for $600 to $900.

I'm selling it for only $275 (firm price) shipped anywhere in North America. Email me at allanr aht digitalsalon daught calm if you are interested and I'll provide photos and details.

Even with its issues it is drop dead gorgeous and sounds amazing. The reasons that I'm selling it are:
1) It's place in my collection has been taken by a new acquisition, and,
2) I am reminded of my foolishness every time I look at it.

Last edited:
I'm gonna put it in the marketplace Alan. Just post a picture or two. There's no probs at all mate, you're free to sell whatever you want to. But this post does break the 'Uke talk' rules. :p Would like to hear some more details... cheers

Hmmm....

Mod moved post here anyway. Apparently I broke the Uke Talk rules whilst trying to avoid breaking the Marketplace rules :p

Here are a couple of pictures of my ukuleles. Most of them have had minor tinkering. I will send closeups of the uke that you can buy for $275, upon request.

Allans.jpgwall-and.jpg

Email or PM if you think one of these lovelies would look good in your home.

Hmmm....

Mod moved post here anyway. Apparently I broke the Uke Talk rules whilst trying to avoid breaking the Marketplace rules :p

Here are a couple of pictures of my ukuleles. Most of them have had minor tinkering. I will send closeups of the uke that you can buy for $275, upon request.

View attachment 57637View attachment 57638

Email or PM if you think one of these lovelies would look good in your home.

How bad does it make you feel to have that Triolian staring at you and reminding you of your foolishness? I mean, are you selling the Triolian?

Why the mystery? Why not just post some pictures of the uke you are selling and tell us what you did to screw it up? you can show off your collection elsewhere on this forum.

sorry. I'll clear the PM box. You can also email -- address is in the first post.

This is unique.

Yesterday we had someone posting a uke with no price. Today we have allanr posting a price with no uke!

I think, on both counts, the Mods might need to make some of those "suggestions" into rules. Otherwise, the Marketplace becomes fairly silly. But, it's up to UU.

That said, I'll watch with held breath as to what Allanr is actually selling. lol It's not you, personally, allanr. I respect your posts on many recent threads. It's just these recent Marketplace posting are--oy vey! They're out there like Sputnik.

Last edited:
If that's a Martin up there on the right I'll take it for $275, but if it's a Martin why is it on the wall?

Withdrawn from Sale

I've decided to keep it. Despite its flaws it is still a great uke. One of these days I'll post the reason for the "mystery" posting. They are not all that exciting, and not at all sinister.

In fairness to the 8 UU members that contacted me to express interest in purchasing, I will continue to honor the original offer if one of them wants to follow through. I.E. if you contacted me by email or PM before this post was made, you can still buy the uke as offered (275 shipped to Canada or L48). Otherwise it is no longer for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom