Compass Ross Ukulele- Sarah Maisel - September in the Rain

Lovely!
(uke, song, playing, lady)

Thanks for posting Sarah. I have been so curious to hear this uke ever since you got it! Lovely tone, (as I thought it would be). Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Sarah...

very nice...
do have T-2's on the uke...I use them on my Koa CR....

I love your work. Thanks for sharing it with us. (Nice ukulele, too)

Lovely video!

I like your CR better than the "other uke" but I'm a little partial :)

Lovely video!

I like your CR better than the "other uke" but I'm a little partial :)

You know- There are certain things I like better on the CR and others I prefer the DaSilva... The CR is perfect for comping purposes- some of the chord melody stuff also sounds amazing on it, but the higher up the neck I go (like 12th-15 fret), the notes are not as clear as the DaSilva. The roundness of the tone on the CR is very sweet, however. :) I'm just so honored that Rick made me a uke- Even though there is not a lot of video of me performing with it, I use it a lot.

You know- There are certain things I like better on the CR and others I prefer the DaSilva... The CR is perfect for comping purposes- some of the chord melody stuff also sounds amazing on it, but the higher up the neck I go (like 12th-15 fret), the notes are not as clear as the DaSilva. The roundness of the tone on the CR is very sweet, however. :) I'm just so honored that Rick made me a uke- Even though there is not a lot of video of me performing with it, I use it a lot.

12th-15th fret . . . where's that? :biglaugh:

I'd love for you to play my CR at WCUF.

I want Craig to play a little golpe style on it, so I can hear that too.

Great looking uke and great playing too, but your singing was the best part!

12th-15th fret . . . where's that? :biglaugh:

I'd love for you to play my CR at WCUF.

I want Craig to play a little golpe style on it, so I can hear that too.

Bring it- we'll be happy to play your uke... I guess I shouldn't speak for Craig.... Make sure to find me!

Yes- I have the T-2's on it, except the Low G is a Ukulele Creations PHd string.

Yeah Sarah...
I have used the PHD LowG string too...and I like it...but I use a Wound Fremont Soloist LowG now...
I know you said you don't like the squeaks...haha

but Thanks again for the video...

Great sounding uke.

Hi Sarah
Nice to finally see a video of you performing with the CR. The sound quality of the CR on the video is as good as it is hearing you live during our lessons. I agree with you especially after our discussion on this same question and seeing you make that point when playing both ukuleles. Its a privilege to have gotten ot know you. Keep on strumming......:music:

Beautifully done and a beautiful uke as well. Always a pleasure to see your videos.

I signed up for your "Playing Up The Neck" workshop at the Wine Country fest - nice to see what I'm getting myself into, but still not sure that I haven't gone in over my head.

Great performance, Sarah!

-Kurt​

I signed up for your "Playing Up The Neck" workshop at the Wine Country fest - nice to see what I'm getting myself into, but still not sure that I haven't gone in over my head.

Great performance, Sarah!

-Kurt​

Don't worry! That class is going to be a lot of fun; it will not be over your head. It will take some practice to get your fingers to DO the work, but as long as you get the concept, the sky will be the limit. I'm excited you signed up for the class! That's awesome! :)

Hi Sarah
Nice to finally see a video of you performing with the CR. The sound quality of the CR on the video is as good as it is hearing you live during our lessons. I agree with you especially after our discussion on this same question and seeing you make that point when playing both ukuleles. Its a privilege to have gotten ot know you. Keep on strumming......:music:

Aw- thanks! I hope I get to see you in person soon! :)

Top Bottom