Pepe Romero Tiny Tenor

gyosh

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Has anyone seen one yet? I just checked them out very quickly but they look very nice, feel and sound great. I preferred the spruce top as it was much louder than the koa (and I have a preference for spruce anyhow). When I have more time I will go back and give them a little more attention:) and pass on the specs here. Maybe next week some time.

If you want more info, I checked them out at Ukulele Source in San Jose, CA. Great folks!!!! (I'm not connected with the store, just a big fan because they're good people.)

Happy strummin'

-Gary

I tried out the first one that Ukulele Source received- the real one built by Pepe not the overseas version. Honestly, it just didn't do it for me. You know I am a big Pepe fan, but I didn't care for it. I am glad that people are taking risks and trying new things. I have no doubt that people will love it, it is just not for me.

Ukulele Source is awesome! We are so lucky to have them close by... Between them and Gryphon Strings we can try every K brand except Ko'olau, most imports, and some custom luthiers (Graziano and Rick Turner). If I can't be in Hawaii, at least we are rich in uke resources!

I saw one at the Blue Guitar in San Diego yesterday. While it looked like a quality piece, I prefer the vintage ukulele (sorry).
PS DeForest was very helpful and did not hesitate to put one in my hands.

I saw them at HMS...

the fit and finish very good...and they sound nice too...
I liked the Koa one...but the Mahognay/Spruce top was nice too...

I saw them at HMS...

the fit and finish very good...and they sound nice too...
I liked the Koa one...but the Mahognay/Spruce top was nice too...

I thought they were great for that price range. Thinking about unloading my Kala KA-ST to get one.

I thought they were great for that price range. Thinking about unloading my Kala KA-ST to get one.

Yeah for the price hard to beat....
and the size is perfect to carry around with you...

Top Bottom