IPad Music Stand Mounts

Huckleberry

Reaction score
Looking to mount my IPad on a music stand ( not a Mic stand). Looking for advice via any experience out there. Heard stories of some mounts failing and dropping IPad.
Thx

Is there a reason why you want to mount your iPad to a music stand instead of a mic stand? Most portable music stands are not stable enough, or heavy enough to safely hold a full sized iPad. A top heavy music stand can easily topple, and you would damage your iPad if it took a tumble. I have a review of what I have been using, after much research.

http://www.westsideukes.com/uke-talk-and-reviews/2012/10/31/using-an-ipad-as-a-music-stand.html

If you are trying to use both sheet music and iPad, then I don't know of a dual purpose product. If it is just one sheet of music, I can usually use the iPad on it's stand to hold it. If there is a second page, I place it on my lap (while sitting).

–Lori

Thanks for the responses Lori and Newportlocal. The HA300 Hercules fits the bill. I have a PortAStand music stand and it's like a tank, solid. Most of the time I will use the IPad alone and other times also need the Music sheet holder as well as the IPad. The Herc HA300 is on order.

Hi there, I use my K&M on my stand wherever I go. I think It is one of the best Ipad holder on the market. It uses a clamp that can go on a mic stand, music stand, or other stand. The iPad will not fall out. It is built like a mac truck and the way it snaps over the edges of your ipad does not block your view. I also like the ability to tilt or turn the stand to any angle. I have the Ipad 3.

http://www.amazon.com/Stands-iPad-Holder-19720/dp/B005EX6G24 Not the cheapest but I believe I'll never have to get another one as long as I own my Ipad. I use OnSong for all my music now so I use it every time I play daily. Just love it...and OnSong too! ;-)

This should do what you want. Just check your stand diameter on the music stand to make sure it's not too skinny and you can mount this below the music stand holder if you want to use that for sheet music. I just use a mic stand and clamp sheet music over my Ipad with my Snark while it's in the K&M holder, but this gives you full flexibility and the mount is metal rock solid construction.

Good luck,

Top Bottom