End mills

ernie kleinman

Reaction score
I received my air die grinder thanks for the tip kevin and my new stew mac circle cutter. Anyone have a good source for 1/32 and 1/16in carbide end mills with 1/8in shanks thanks.

Found a source on evil bay 10 carbide end mills for $35 , seller user id was drillman

I just saw someone using a 1/4", 4 flute end mill in a trimmer router, freehand!! for carving. Serious stock removal... While this idea scares the $#!& out of me in a big way.. that someone suggested it makes me curious.. Anyone use end mills this way? in a router carving with the sides of the mill bit for freehand carving? From the photos, it looks like it is used like this in a conservative, careful manner...

The article came with a warning, that (obviously) this is a dangerous tool.. duh! but...

effective?

Scary, yes! at least having not tried it. Everyone says the table saw is scary... Routers are right up there too!

yep, good call. I have been working with power tools since I was too young to have been using them. I have tremendous respect for how dangerous a router can be.

A regular router bit used in the manner I described above, would, almost guaranteed, catch and jump out of the hands of someone attempting that feat, leaving a 11,000+ rpm cutting blade free to cut whatever is in its way. The word 'avulsion' comes to mind.

not with regular bits for sure. I have heard horror stories of routers getting into a hand and winding up and tearing out tendons and no way for a dr to make a fix.

Top Bottom