PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Martin Baritone

KentSantaBarbara
08-25-2013, 03:26 PM
Aloha, I am looking to buy a Martin Baritone. If you have one you don't use much, and you have been thinking of selling it let me know. I know there is one in the marketplace, put the seller is new to UU and he has not followed the posting rules, so i am very cautious about purchasing from someone that is just showing us pictures, but i have still PM'd him, and no response. I also realize that there are some on evil-bay, but I'm reluctant to go there. I prefer to ask our UU family members if they might have one they have been thinking of selling. If so, let me know.

didgeridoo2
08-25-2013, 03:29 PM
Have you called McCabes in Santa Monica, Kent? They had a really clean one that was over priced, but probably negotiable, a few months back. Might be worth a shot.

prairieschooner
08-25-2013, 03:35 PM
send a message to Tigeralum2001;

He has one that I want but would much rather sell the Baritone and Soprano sizes 1st~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Good Luck! This may help me with my search.

KentSantaBarbara
08-25-2013, 05:44 PM
Thanks, Didg. I'm going to a wedding on Saturday, and I'll be right down the street from McCabes. I had planned to sneak some McCabes time in, but it's definitely on the radar now.

Thanks, Steve I'll make contact with Tiger and see if i can clear the way for you.

To all the UU, keep those Martin Baritone UAS ideas coming, i got an itch that only a Martin Baritone can cure.

Patrick Madsen
08-25-2013, 06:44 PM
I bought Jessica Huebers personal baritone. She is the vintage instrument appraiser at McCabes who specializes on Martins. Wonderful lady and a great place to buy one. I agree there is nothing like a Martin Baritone; esp. the shape and feel of the neck.

mm stan
08-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Aloha Pat,
On your wish list should be a Gibson Baritone too....very hard to find and rich and deep tones similar to a Martin Baritone....took me a long time to get the one I got and I'm not selling it ....:)

Patrick Madsen
08-25-2013, 08:08 PM
Aloha Pat,
On your wish list should be a Gibson Baritone too....very hard to find and rich and deep tones similar to a Martin Baritone....took me a long time to get the one I got and I'm not selling it ....:)

ArrrGH! you sure da pusher for those of us swearing off da UAS Stan. Dang, off on a Gibson bari hunt now.... mumble and a grumble. The GB looks great. I hope Kent finds a Martin soon so he'll know what the big deal is about a Martin bari.