WTB: Martin Baritone

KentSantaBarbara

Reaction score
Aloha, I am looking to buy a Martin Baritone. If you have one you don't use much, and you have been thinking of selling it let me know. I know there is one in the marketplace, put the seller is new to UU and he has not followed the posting rules, so i am very cautious about purchasing from someone that is just showing us pictures, but i have still PM'd him, and no response. I also realize that there are some on evil-bay, but I'm reluctant to go there. I prefer to ask our UU family members if they might have one they have been thinking of selling. If so, let me know.

Have you called McCabes in Santa Monica, Kent? They had a really clean one that was over priced, but probably negotiable, a few months back. Might be worth a shot.

send a message to Tigeralum2001;

He has one that I want but would much rather sell the Baritone and Soprano sizes 1st~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Good Luck! This may help me with my search.

Last edited:
Thanks, Didg. I'm going to a wedding on Saturday, and I'll be right down the street from McCabes. I had planned to sneak some McCabes time in, but it's definitely on the radar now.

Thanks, Steve I'll make contact with Tiger and see if i can clear the way for you.

To all the UU, keep those Martin Baritone UAS ideas coming, i got an itch that only a Martin Baritone can cure.

I bought Jessica Huebers personal baritone. She is the vintage instrument appraiser at McCabes who specializes on Martins. Wonderful lady and a great place to buy one. I agree there is nothing like a Martin Baritone; esp. the shape and feel of the neck.

8.19.13 figurines 039.jpg
Aloha Pat,
On your wish list should be a Gibson Baritone too....very hard to find and rich and deep tones similar to a Martin Baritone....took me a long time to get the one I got and I'm not selling it ....:)

View attachment 57765
Aloha Pat,
On your wish list should be a Gibson Baritone too....very hard to find and rich and deep tones similar to a Martin Baritone....took me a long time to get the one I got and I'm not selling it ....:)

ArrrGH! you sure da pusher for those of us swearing off da UAS Stan. Dang, off on a Gibson bari hunt now.... mumble and a grumble. The GB looks great. I hope Kent finds a Martin soon so he'll know what the big deal is about a Martin bari.

Top Bottom