Favorite player to watch?

BIGDB

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was just watching a video of kalei gamiao and I thought he has a real distinct way of playing not in just sound but the way he strums. So I'm wondering if anyone else has a favorite player to watch play? Mine would have to be James hill and kalei gamiao their right hand techniques are really fun to watch

Azo Bell, John King, Roy Smeck, Lil Rev, Cliff Edwards, John Bianchi, Dr Bekken, Aaron Keim...all totally unique, all make it look effortless

Ukulelezaza. And not just because he has tattoos on every finger. (But, that's part of it).

Last edited:
I enjoy the humor, and skill, of James Hill (except when he uses his uke for a drum)

lately Gordon Mark, he is so relaxed and makes it look so easy...

Well, since I'm learning a bunch of Troy Fernandez songs if have to say Troy Fernandez. And I actually got to see him play a couple of weeks ago. It was very close to a dying and going to heaven moment.

After watching a few of Craig Chee's videos, I have to say I've never seen anybody get as much pure joy out of playing as him. When I see Craig and Sarah Maisel playing together, all I can say is, there are two people in love with playing music. A good reminder that playing music is fun!

I second what RichM said, especially about Sarah Maisel. I listened to an interview of hers in which she said playing the ukulele just makes her happy. Boy, does it come through when she plays.

Check out Kalei and Brittney playing together. Kalei strums like a madman, Brittney barely moves. Same song. Both sound amazing.

My vote is for Kimo Hussey at the moment. He makes everything look so effortless.

I'm not brown nosing here, but Aldrine Guerrero hands down. I knew he was a good player but once I saw him live...

He's got great right hand technique, great left hand technique. His solos are melodic even when playing ridiculously fast and he has so much stage presence. Plus he always changes things up and he does something different every show.

I'm not brown nosing here, but Aldrine Guerrero hands down. I knew he was a good player but once I saw him live...

He's got great right hand technique, great left hand technique. His solos are melodic even when playing ridiculously fast and he has so much stage presence. Plus he always changes things up and he does something different every show.

I figured Aldrine was a given:)

So many great 'ukulele players but for me -- Abe Lagrimas, Jr. Have to see him live. When counting off the song he closes his eyes and he and the ukulele become one!

Top Bottom