A moment of silence for our friend..

Oh my!

Poor guy seems to have misjudged the situation.

Yes, so sad what happened to that ukulele.:(

The Girl should be locked up.....for what she did to the ukulele even after the hit....she threw it down....hope she paid for damages....

Last edited:
can anyone identify the uke?

Oh, snap! I just bought that uke on EBay. Ad said " gently used".

Look for my UU luthier's lounge thread later this week: how to remove skin and blood from a crack.

It's only been three months and he's already proposing? And in such a horrible way? He's obviously not paying attention to the look of dismay on her face.

I think I might have done the same thing except I would have spared the ukulele and reached for the guitar.

When I saw the short clip, I felt sorry for the guy and figured the woman was a jerk. It pays to get "the rest of the story" though, because while watching the whole clip, I was trying to reach in the monitor and beat her to it.

The train should have run into him, would have saved a uke from a disastrous fate, and the guy probably would have gotten a Darwin award. What a stupid way to propose.

Was it all staged? The train, with its saying. Not one person rushed to help him, not even the camerawoman.

It's typical when something happens for a camera person to brief "look away" with the camera, which is a human instinct. It happens in most unstaged fail videos. Here, no one aided him in much time after the hit.

The musician didn't even pick up his uke. When his uke hit the ground, it made a sound slightly, but also sort of bounced. Even the tacky conversation and lead up...who speaks like that?

My guess: Oscar nomination.

Top Bottom