SNOWDROP - Ken Middleton and Lonesome Dave

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Snowdrop is a wonderful old bluegrass banjo tune. Here, Dave and I are doing a spontaneous recording on uke and guitar. Dave is a really terrific guitar player. Just listen to the runs he does.

It was recorded last weekend, outside our hotel at the Ukulele Hooley. This is a truly major uke fest in Ireland.

Amazing. You're truly a skilled player, Ken. This is now one of my favorites of yours, right up there with the video where you improvised Sweet Home Chicago over Manitoba Hal's rhythm and vocals. I must have watched that--with your dancing fingers--a dozen times.

What is particularly keen about Snowdrop is that your instruments were perfectly balanced for the video. No drown outs or sharp audio. Great recording! Steve

Last edited:
... your instruments were perfectly balanced for the video. No drown outs or sharp audio. Great recording! Steve

Thank you, Steve. Nothing major done to the audio. Recorded each instrument in mono directly into a Zoom H4n. I raised the level on the guitar to get a balance, trimmed at each end, panned the signals to give a better mixed stereo image, added a touch of reverb and that's it. I used an AIFF file to make the finished video. I am pleased with it.

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing that, Ken. Really enjoyed it!

Thank you for watching.

A Big AAA. Well Done

Big thank you.

Flawless, gentlemen, flawless!
Cheers!

Not quite, but I appreciate the comment.

Top Bottom