Most unique ukulele song

Puotta

Reaction score
I'm looking for unique ukulele songs, that really show off the uke's versatility.

What songs does this forum think really show off the uke well?

I like this idea, i'd want to use a few songs, rather than a single song. I'd start with would start with Five Foot Two, played on a soprano uke. It is a perfect example of the cute and sweet songs that started the Uke 1.0 stage of ukulele history. From there I'd move to a pop song or country song. Maybe a Hank Williams, Beatles, or Bob Dylan song. Then listen to Jake Shimabukuru doing While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

Thats the idea over all. Other than I was going to start with something really traditional hawaiian, just because thats what people always expect. I have a couple classical pieces in a range of tempos. Some irish music everywhere from trad reels, to more flogging molly style. Some classic rock, animals, johnny cash. And the ever sad mad world, because the uke does sad songs just fine. Also move b...h, because its weird and silly.

This might be downright strange, but I love how Madonna's song, Live to Tell, sounds on ukulele. Maybe it is just the chord progression.

A bunch of James hill songs will definitely show off the uke's unique versatility. Unfortunately, there aren't many of his tabs online.

So many choices, but for using your descriptor unique. I would say Sakura Sakura by Jake Shimabukuro. I listened to that song on a trip to Japan when I was very young ,and I have had a Koto tape of it for years. Jake playing a Koto song on a ukulele is very unique and amazing.

So many choices, but for using your descriptor unique. I would say Sakura Sakura by Jake Shimabukuro. I listened to that song on a trip to Japan when I was very young ,and I have had a Koto tape of it for years. Jake playing a Koto song on a ukulele is very unique and amazing.

Can't agree more :) for the unique element to show off the ukulele

i have such question too.....actually, i want to find a traditional Hawaii song that can represent the ukulele.... is there any?

Top Bottom