order Kamaka Special Tenor

Mistyface

Reaction score
Hello! everyone!
i am ordering Kamaka Special Tenor now and i am waiting for thie new toys coming:p so exciting!

P.S. Any Kamaka user in here? we can share our opinion for Kamaka.^^

Good for you, I hope your Kamaka is wonderful.

My Kamaka is about 80 years old so it is pretty different from yours!

I have a HF3 special...and the sound is very nice!

say hello to Tekla at Kamaka for me...she is the lead person of the sales team there...pretty sure she worked with you...

congratulations on your new Kamaka

Ryan~80 years old ??Wooo~~~what is your age?:eek:

This is my first Tenor, actually, i feel it is expensive as i can order a low grade "Martin" guitar already.
As i don't like to change my instrument always...so i decide to order a better and play life long^^

hawaii: Yes! I communicate with Tekla (helpful person!)
i hope i can visit Hawaii in coming 2-3 years~so i can go to Kamaka factory^^

hawaii: Yes! I communicate with Tekla (helpful person!)
i hope i can visit Hawaii in coming 2-3 years~so i can go to Kamaka factory^^

Tell Tekla Len says hello...she will get a big kick out of it!...
she is very helpful and knows a lot about the Kamaka ukes...

many members on the UU from Hong Kong...have fun!

Congratulation!:cheers: I believe the Kamaka will bring you much joy of playing:)

Congratulations that will be a fantastic ukulele. Hope you post pics when you get it.

Aloha Mistyface,
I used to collect and play mostly kamakas and went through tons of them...still have a few though...congrats on your new kamaka purchase....isn't it exciting...
Yes as Hawaii 5-0 said, there's a few hong kong members here....what district are you from...yes let us know when you get it and post pictures....:)

Tell Tekla Len says hello...she will get a big kick out of it!...
she is very helpful and knows a lot about the Kamaka ukes...

many members on the UU from Hong Kong...have fun!

Yes! i think so~~i have asked her too many questions already^^
but i think the most disappointed thing is that Kamaka dont accept binding now. and Tekla said it is for Custom made before..

In HK, Ukulele become more popular~~~but it seems there are no professional player yet.

Hammond: i will find you to play with i get it!
Newportallocal: Yea! i am so hurry to get this Tenor now^^
mm stan: Actually, i search my information to see what brand i should get and Kamaka is long History brand...so i think it is no doubt they have many experience on it.
i try one in HK music store and i like its tone. i think all K brand have much better tone than other brand name. isn't it?

Similar idea, for guitar, i will get Fender, Martin and Gibson

***Daniel Ho will have concert in HK soon and i will go to see his playing^^

Aloha Misty....
Wish you try before you buy...because all ukuleles have their own voice, even the same brand and model can sound real different...because of the variations in the building process...
Even after receiving it from the factory, I send it to HMS and get their wonderful setup just to be sure you get it sounding right and the best action for your comfort and playability...
Get it done all one time before it leaves Hawaii..... maybe new strings like the oasis that comes out next month from strings by mail too....yes upgrade the factory strings for the best
preformance...you can get oasis from strings by mail....

Hammond: i will find you to play with i get it!
Newportallocal: Yea! i am so hurry to get this Tenor now^^
mm stan: Actually, i search my information to see what brand i should get and Kamaka is long History brand...so i think it is no doubt they have many experience on it.
i try one in HK music store and i like its tone. i think all K brand have much better tone than other brand name. isn't it?

Similar idea, for guitar, i will get Fender, Martin and Gibson

***Daniel Ho will have concert in HK soon and i will go to see his playing^^

Last edited:
I'm envious. Even though I enjoy the concert scale the most, would like to collect the entire line of Kamaka instruments some day. Your right, the Kamaka family and crew are a great group of folks. I want to visit the factory some day too.

p.s.
Stan has good advise

Congratulations on a wonderful instrument! Can't wait to see it!

Thx! Stan~

But what can i do? As i just order it directly from Kamaka...so i can't do any testing~~
or i need to have a setup in the local music store?
Or i need to change the Kamaka Orginal string immediately? i have heard about that the sound will be totally different if i use other breand 's string~

Aloha Misty....
Wish you try before you buy...because all ukuleles have their own voice, even the same brand and model can sound real different...because of the variations in the building process...
Even after receiving it from the factory, I send it to HMS and get their wonderful setup just to be sure you get it sounding right and the best action for your comfort and playability...
Get it done all one time before it leaves Hawaii..... maybe new strings like the oasis that comes out next month from strings by mail too....yes upgrade the factory strings for the best
preformance...you can get oasis from strings by mail....

I can't get any instument again in these 2 years after this Kamaka Tenor:p

I'm envious. Even though I enjoy the concert scale the most, would like to collect the entire line of Kamaka instruments some day. Your right, the Kamaka family and crew are a great group of folks. I want to visit the factory some day too.

p.s.
Stan has good advise

Thx! Stan~

But what can i do? As i just order it directly from Kamaka...so i can't do any testing~~
Or i need to change the Kamaka Orginal string immediately? i have heard about that the sound will be totally different if i use other breand 's string~

The setup on your Kamaka should be fine directly from Kamaka - mine was. Strings are personal preference - just play what sounds good to you and what you enjoy. Congrats on the Kamaka - I look forward to some pics.

Thx! Stan~

Do not worry about the setup..It will be good...Kamaka sets up their ukes nice....
most people change the Kamaka strings right way without giving them a chance...try them for awhile and then decide...if you want to change strings,I know you can get Worths in Hong Kong..many people say they work good on the Kamaka's...but I like Oasis the best...after Sept 1 you can order from Strings by Mail...
btw are you setting up the uke with a LowG?

do not worry what others say...you made a good choice...have fun and when you come to Hawaii you will be ready to try other ukes....

keep on strumming!

Last edited:
Top Bottom