Collings Taking Orders Again

They seem to have caught up with their back orders pretty quick. They sure do make some beautiful instruments. Those electric guitars on the facebook page.... sweet

Awesome news! Thanks for the heads up. I've ripped through tons of ukulele purchases over the years at this point, and Collings's offerings are definitely in the upper echelon for all around greatness.

I'm sure they will be booked solid again, especially once word gets out they are taking orders again.

Maybe used prices will go down now that they are building again.

It seemed like every used uke for sale said something about Collings not building ukes anymore to drive prices up.

New pricing came out for new orders. UT3 base price is $2600 and $3200 for UT3 Koa. Koa is $600 add for UT2 as well. Glad I got my UT3 when I did at old prices.

New pricing came out for new orders. UT3 base price is $2600 and $3200 for UT3 Koa. Koa is $600 add for UT2 as well. Glad I got my UT3 when I did at old prices.

the UT3 Koa at Gryphon way Cheaper than 3200.00...
it is $2520.00 but it has been there about 6 months now...they also have some UT2's also

Last edited:
the UT3 Koa at Gryphon way Cheaper than 3200.00...
it is $2520.00 but it has been there about 6 months now...they also have some UT2's also

Looks like I should grab one of those at the old pricing. I was wanting to order a UC3 Koa and my dealer let me know they were available again, but with new pricing.

Looks like I should grab one of those at the old pricing. I was wanting to order a UC3 Koa and my dealer let me know they were available again, but with new pricing.

I would go for it...Gryphon one of the better guitar shops in the US....and they have been a Collins dealer from the very beginning of Collins....

While I am not exactly crying "foul", Collings and their dealers sold the last batch of ukes around the rallying cry of "Collings won't be making any more for a good long time - get them while you still can."

I am not sure what has changed, but the fact that Collings is taking orders again (so soon) is slightly disconcerting to me.

Last edited:
While I am not exactly crying "foul", Collings and their dealers sold the last batch of ukes around the rallying cry of "Collings won't be making any more for a good long time - get them while you still can."

I am not sure what has changed, but the fact that Collings is taking orders again (so soon) is slightly disconcerting to me.

Not sure either, but when I talked with Collings themselves, they said that never said they were ceasing production. They took a break on special orders to in effort to catchup on a long list of backorders.

Could have been construed many different ways by different dealers.

seems kind of overpriced to me, i'm sure they are very nice.

Expensive, no doubt. I'm not sure I'd say overpriced, because in terms of quality, sound, fit and finish, and every conceivable detail, it's hard to imagine how they could be any better. It's a for-a-lifetime, hand it down to your kids type of instrument, and even at the new prices it's hard for Collings to rationalize because they take nearly as much labor as a guitar but bring in a lot less profit.

Now, the general concept of paying $2k and above for a uke - any uke - is another matter, definitely up for debate, and that's a judgment call for each of us to make for ourselves (and reconcile with our significant others! :))

Last edited:
I wonder if the base model prices will go up. 1200 or so doesn't seem out of control at all. However, they are several custom builders that are less expensive. Many of those builders also speak highly of Collings.

I wonder if the base model prices will go up. 1200 or so doesn't seem out of control at all. However, they are several custom builders that are less expensive. Many of those builders also speak highly of Collings.

$1600 for UT1 and $1950 for UT1 Koa new base prices.

Top Bottom