How Long You Been Playing?

Kailabraise

Reaction score
So yeah, I only started mid-July 2008. I love it to bits and play almost everyday but I'm far from fantastic. (I guess only time can tell if I'll ever be an amazing bassist)

How long have you guys been playing here?

umm... let me see, i started when i was a sophmore in high school, wow damn near 6 years almost 7... jees i think i should be alot better than i am right now...

February 4, 2008. Almost a year and it's been too fun.

I bought my first uke off of a friend on 3/2/2008. I just went to my bank's website and looked up the cancelled check. :p So it hasn't been quite a year yet.

I've been playing other instruments (primarily piano, but a wee bit o' guitar and other things here and there) for much longer. I think the definitely helped in learning the ukulele.

JJ

i love the bass, not as much as the Uke.

The bass overall helped me play the uke

November 2007
one of my favourite song to play is pretty little ditty by Red hot chili peppers.
Do you think someone could tab it for ukulele? :)

Last edited:
I just started playin' about a month ago so that would be about mid December 2008. But I've been playing guitar and other stringed instruments for almost 50 years (what!!! that can't be right--let's see 62 now and started playin' guitar at 13--yea, don't seem like that long though). Anyway I love the ukulele and especially I love playing' the Hapa Haole songs.
Ron

25 years.

I started on a stand up in the JHS orchestra.

From there I took piano lessons and taught myself guitar. Of course down the road I taught myself to play uke.

I used to consider bass to be my primary instrument with guitar and piano coming in tied at second.

Now I consider uke to be my primary instrument just because I can't stop playing it. I always have one out calling to me for attention.

Wait..there it goes now. ;)

Literally one week. I got my bass last week. I have come to believe that slapping da bass, as I saw in the movie "I love you man" is impossible for mortals like myself. But I can still play regular bass...or will continue to keep trying to learn!

I played guitar for maybe two years, and have played ukulele for around six months. The timer for bass hasn't started for me yet. I'll be saving up for a bass uke (aiming for a Kala Ubass) after I buy my Mainland mahogany concert.

I will start, though.

Last edited:
I've been playing upright for almost 8 years now and bass guitar for 6 months.

Top Bottom