My husband's birthday gift arrived

Ukejenny

Reaction score
I got him a Gretsch mahogany tenor ukulele. I have checked it out, tuned it and played it a bit and then had to reluctantly put it back in the bag and box. His birthday isn't until October. I hope I can wait that long to give it to him. Sounded very nice. Intonation was excellent (for my novice ear) and had a good sustain. The neck felt a little thicker than my tenor, but I liked it. Very nicely done and looks good. Good tuners as well. This is the one I ordered:

http://www.gretschguitars.com/products/index.php?partno=2730044321

gretsch_g9120sm_tenor_deluxe_ukulele.jpg

Last edited:
I have the Cutaway model and like it a lot. I have the new Low G "Reds" Aquila on it sounds good.

Congrats

I bet you will play it when he is at work...he he congrats on the new uke and I bet he has a great wife..:)

Does your husband play the uke ? :p

I was tempted to try that on my non-uke playing wife but decided that it would probably cost me dearly!

Give it to him early! I am sure he would be grateful!!!

I'd give it to him soon, ukejenny. Although the manufacturer's warranty may be for a year or so, if there is any "tweak" that is needed from the retailer, I'm confident they'd appreciate knowing about it sooner rather than later. Someone would have to play it for a while to know if there are issues. Ukes can be finicky.

For his real birthday, just give him a spanking.

http://www.wikihow.com/Give-a-Birthday-Spanking

Coolkayaker1 has good advice.

That's a nice uke and a great gift. I gave the cutaway version to my boyfriend as a late Christmas gift and he is in love with it.

My husband is some kind of Puritan or something - he's all about waiting and delayed gratification, says I'm impulsive. Heck no, I'm not, I know what I want when I want it, so what's the use of waiting? And I thought about that last night, I have 30 days to return it, no questions asked, so I will be telling him that. He is the one that said he didn't want to even know where the box is until October, but he doesn't know I've played it. So, I can use the argument that if we don't try it, we may open it and be stuck with a turd. So yes, we NEED to open it now. It is the mature and logical thing to do.

So far I have refrained from opening the box again. The only thing I would say is that the little bag it came with is a little short and the uke is really in there tight on the ends. I need to get him a proper case for Christmas.

As far as the spanking - naughtay, naughtay you!!! But there is a certain thrill that comes with spanking a Puritan.

I'd give it to him soon, ukejenny. Although the manufacturer's warranty may be for a year or so, if there is any "tweak" that is needed from the retailer, I'm confident they'd appreciate knowing about it sooner rather than later. Someone would have to play it for a while to know if there are issues. Ukes can be finicky.

For his real birthday, just give him a spanking.

http://www.wikihow.com/Give-a-Birthday-Spanking

Top Bottom