PDA

View Full Version : Aquila red series on epi les paul uke?

iamesperambient
08-29-2013, 02:49 PM
hi has anyone tried the aquila red series on their epiphone les paul concert electric ukes yet? I ordered a set off eBay still waiting for them my les paul over all sounds great but the stock strings aren't the best actually kind of dull. I love the white aquilas on my soprano and I heard about these red series I figured they would also look sharp again the cherry sunburst too. I was just curious if anyone else tried them before I install them soon on little Lester. thanks!

PhilUSAFRet
08-30-2013, 12:40 AM
good luck, haven't heard anything good about them.

iamesperambient
08-30-2013, 04:03 AM
good luck, haven't heard anything good about them.

Nothing good about the red series? I read in some of the threads about the beta testing and watched some videos they seem to have a nice bright metallic tone to them. I just didn't hear anything about them being put on an electric....

iamesperambient
08-30-2013, 09:22 AM
hi has anyone tried the aquila red series on their epiphone les paul concert electric ukes yet? I ordered a set off eBay still waiting for them my les paul over all sounds great but the stock strings aren't the best actually kind of dull. I love the white aquilas on my soprano and I heard about these red series I figured they would also look sharp again the cherry sunburst too. I was just curious if anyone else tried them before I install them soon on little Lester. thanks!

I put them on http://i43.tinypic.com/2v9cjt1.jpg so far so good they look/sound great just trying to get used to the fact they their all basically the same thickness but not a huge deal.