NUD! Bushman Jenny (Tenor) Anybody Want To See It??

Okay Marin County, I'll bite.....let's see your uke.....sell the house and get a Moore Bettah... :)

I know a Jenny, and I know a bushman. But I don't know a bushman Jenny.

It's a rare uke, considering they took orders and never sent the ukes. So, the fact that you have one, does that make you "in on it"?:)

Is this another one of those the cake is a lie things?

Did you pilfer it from George Hinchliffe? I would love to have one, with the name and all, but alas, I like my love affairs with instruments to be more natural and organic - not the Hunt for Red Octoberesque.

So.......I got my Jenny about 4 + years ago from Hilo Guitar here on the Big Island.I have collected vintage for years and was just in the need of a tenor to strum while watching the ocean.Ken at Hilo was kind of pushing Bushman at that time(he actually gave a pair as door prizes at the Big Island Guitar and Ukulele Festival that year).
Anyway I went back a year or so later to see if he had any other Bushmans and he said he could not get them.It sounded as if the Bushman owner was kind of a highroller and was into other things and not able to supply product.Phone calls unaswered kind of thing.
I like my Jenny a lot.It's not the best uke I have ever had(that was a 5k I got from Bill Tapia) but it is a uke I tend to play alot.FWIW.
Aloha,
Michael

Savagehenry has a concert Eleuke prototype that's actually a "Bushman Jenny." It's a pretty little thing. He just put some Living Waters strings on it and wow, did that thing come alive.

Top Bottom