Hochapeafarm

Reaction score
KoAloha Tenor KTM-00 Ukulele
~ For Sale or For Trade ~

UPDATE: SEPT. 11, 2013
The uke is out on trial. :)

image.jpg

Close-up Video Showing Uke:
Please click here to visit link to a short video showing every inch of this ukulele (video just made today, Aug. 30, 2013).

Description:
Beautiful, striking KoAloha Tenor (KTM-00) available for either sale or trade. All Hawaiian Koa body. TUSQ(tm) nut and saddle. Strung with low G. Abalone markers. Ebony fretboard. High gloss finish. Comes with O'ahu case pictured. Always kept in case except when played; lives in a non-smoking environment. Purchased from HMS brand-new in early Aug. 2013. This ukulele was also professionally set-up by HMS.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Background Info:
The KoAloha sound is amazing; I am just mesmerized by the sound of this incredible instrument each and every time I play it! If you've watched NUD posts here on UU's 'Uke Talk,' you might remember me posting not long ago about this special ukulele. I received this uke back in early Aug. (the uke has a build date of May 2013). I say this uke is "special" because, for real, some very nice people made A LOT of extra effort to make this ukulele available to me. For all of that, I will always be truly grateful (totally the Aloha spirit at work)! So, for this reason, especially, I am very sad to have reached the conclusion to either sell or trade this uke.

Why I am Selling or Trading:
After almost a month of playing the uke, I've come to the difficult conclusion that the nut width (1.5") and the neck profile are just too wide/thick for my playing comfort. I've had several issues the past several months with wrist/forearm pain in my fretting hand; with that said, I've decided that I need to go back to a nut width of 1 3/8" and a neck that is a bit lighter in weight. I am heartbroken to be in this place, but I have to listen to what my body is telling me. I want this ukulele to find a great home where she'll be played all of the time -- you will fall in love with her voice, just as I did! This uke will knocks your socks off in both looks and in sound!

Sound Samples:
Here are some sound samples; please bear in mind, I am no expert uke player or singer, far from it, so please take that into consideration. :)

For sound sample #1, please click here.

For sound sample #2, please click here.

Price: $900 shipped and insured to CONUS.

Trades: If you have a tenor ukulele that's comparable and has a 1 3/8" nut and a slimmer neck profile -- I would also love to hear from you!

Please feel free to either email me at hochapeafarm@frontier.com or PM me with any questions. Thanks very much for taking time to look!

Last edited:
OHHHHHH! This is so tempting! I love Koalohas!

PM sent this morning.

Chelle, I can appreciate your situation ... same for me, but reversed.
Best of Luck with your Sale/Trade.

OHHHHHH! This is so tempting! I love Koalohas!

Hi, rem50! Thanks for your comments! I love my KoAloha so much -- I am really heartbroken over this situation as this uke is an amazing uke -- I love how the uke sounds and it's so beautiful, too! I almost thought about taking the uke to a luthier to see about modifying the neck to suit my comfort level, but it would be an absolute crime to alter this uke. I hope to find a home where someone else will love her as much as me and play her A LOT!!!! Her voice is astounding!

Chelle, I can appreciate your situation ... same for me, but reversed.
Best of Luck with your Sale/Trade.

Thank you so much, deric000 -- I appreciate your understanding! It was a very difficult decision to make with my KoAloha; I am very sad about it! :-( This uke really begs to be played -- I wish so badly that I could continue to do so!

Hey, folks! Was just informed by another UU'er that HMS is having an awesome sale on KoAloha tenors -- please contact Andrew at HMS for details -- think their price is $899 -- but, please don't quote me on it. Please check in with HMS, again, for the nitty gritty. :) They are super folks there and want to send business their way!

Are you on the wait list yet for a Mya Moe, Chelle?

I have a Mele I could trade. Not sure what the nut width is, but I do know the neck is very slim. I could have the wife check the width if you are interested. I am trying to sell it here http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...solid-koa-b-s-with-redwood-top-and-misi-tenor

The Mele would retail for around $1000 with the case and the pickup.

Hi, haolejohn! Funny timing on your Mele -- another UU member just contacted me a few days ago about his Mele tenor. He's local to my area, so we may meet up to try out ukes. Thanks so much for your offer; I'll be in touch if anything should change!

Stunning uke, so sorry that you have to let it go. Best of luck with the sale/trade.

so beautiful:)

I AM OPEN TO REASONABLE OFFERS -- the uke is still available as I have decided against the trade offer that I had received. Opening up trade considerations now to Mya Moe concerts in addition to tenors with slimmer necks and 1 3/8" nut widths. Please help me give this superb uke a FABULOUS home! Thanks for looking!

Stunning uke, so sorry that you have to let it go. Best of luck with the sale/trade.

Thanks so much, uke552 -- I appreciate your comments very much!

so beautiful:)

Thank you, Yue-Wen Fang! :)

Standard Mya Moe is 1 and 3/8 inches, and radiused. The neck profile is thin-medium, and similar to your KoAloha for "feel".

Interesting, ck1 -- didn't know the MM nut was 1 3/8". Thought it was 1.5"? Wish that I would have tried one out at the MM picnic...that was pretty ridiculous of me to overlook that...think I was just too enamored by my KoAloha and meeting Danielle Ate The Sandwich in person at the picnic! :)

Aloha Chelley,
this is a brand new uke essentially...I would not sell it for less or trade it...even though HMS is selling it for 899.....that not include a new Oahu case you have....
I am sure this uke is in hot demand....please be patient.... I understand everyone is looking for deals, this one should not be in that catagory....It's practically new..
I'm not sure how long HMS will have their sale, but yours is a way better deal with the new case included.....I know you are depressed and you told me this type
of stuff makes you want to quit....please dont..... please be respectful of Chelleys sale....BTW I checked the price of the Koaloha Tenor on the ukulele site.. reg price 1150.00
on sale for 1049.00 today

Last edited:
This uke is waiting for you!!!! Give her a new home!!!

UPDATE SEPT. 5, 2013:
This awesome uke is still waiting for a new home!!! TRULY, FOLKS, I AM OPEN TO REASONABLE OFFERS -- try me-- make an offer, please!!!!

Also, opening up trade considerations now to Collings concerts, Mya Moe concerts, in addition to tenors with slimmer necks and 1 3/8" nut widths. Please help me give this superb uke a FABULOUS home! Thanks for looking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom