Gave my first uke gift of music

UkeKiddinMe

Reaction score
Well, I have given my first uke gift of music.

A few weeks ago, I bought a first Soprano that was beautiful.
I set that sucker up to absolute Perfection. Such a beautiful sounding
instrument.

My oldest daughter - 24 - visited, played it, and said she wanted to learn the uke.

I was going to send her another from the dealer, but I just boxed my perfectly set up uke and sent it on its way.

Rock and roll.

AWwww, what a great dad, :love: and, you get to buy a new uke!!!

I have done the same. I usually have 4 or more ukes (at least one of each size) and when one of the kids come to visit. They usually get interested in learning. I play a lot of contemporary music and classic rock, so there is always something that catches their ear and then they are hooked. They take one of my more modest ukes home with them. So far, three of them uke. One loves it so much, he got a beater to leave in the car for uke emergencies. One goes busking around town. He even stops over sometimes if he's left home without his uke and says"Mom, I gotta uke can I borrow your pineapple for a few hours?" and out he goes, playing along the harborwalk or such. My daughter just graduated and is leaving for the Peace Corp and said thank God I'll have my uke to entertain myself(and others) in my free time (no batteries or electric needed). I can't wait til my daughter in California comes out I have the flea in mind for her. Keep spreading the love! Mmmm maybe a new bari for me for Xmas (gotta restock)...

Super. That's awesome.

Now you have playing partner!

I have 3 ukes out on permanent loan. You get a special feeling whenever you see them being played.

And the love grows..they will hook girlfriends, boyfriends, and buds on the uke (mine have). I can't think of a better gift to give or get than the gift of music. Keep paying(playing) it forward!

Kewl beanz

Awwww, the gift that keeps on giving. Good job, Daddy. Music is the most fun when you are sharing it.

Yes the gift of music, no can get any better......that was awesome and thanks for sharing....

WOW Phil! That is incredible! I just heard from my sister across the US that she is trying to recover the koa uke an old boyfriend gave her more than 50 years ago!
This place is the best!

Top Bottom