My ukes have been re-hung on wall hangers

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
I used to have all my ukes hung on wall hangers but the humidity in Pasadena was brutal -- often around 20%.

So I ended up buying a humidified cabinet for them to keep them safe and regulated in the 45% range.

Now that I moved to San Pedro (about a mile from the ocean), the humidity here has not gotten below 46% in the month we have been here, and usually is around 60%.

So I put the cabinet in storage and hung the ukes back on the wall (including my new KoAloha).

I love having them readily accessible and I was always really fond of those wall hangers. I still keep a hygrometer in the office and will put them in cases with humidifiers or back in the cabinet if it dips below 40% or hits over 65%. But I like having them as wall art again. :)

ukesonwall.jpg

Cool hangers and very nice job of hanging them. The Hawaiian music stand is very cool. What kinds of cases do you have for your Ukes? I like them as they don't look bulky at all.

Cool hangers and very nice job of hanging them. The Hawaiian music stand is very cool. What kinds of cases do you have for your Ukes? I like them as they don't look bulky at all.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Those cases (the blue, red and two yellow) are all Kamoa fiberglass cases -- two tenor, one concert and one soprano. I love them as they are super light and have backpack straps. The blue one also kept one of my ukes safe and dry during a torrential rainstorm so they are pretty water tight too. The downside is that they have absolutely no storage space inside, so I made a couple of small pouches for strings and tuner that I keep under the headstock portion.

I just bought some of those same hangers for a couple I keep at my office! I think someone here on the board makes them? Very cool display and super easy access. That is a great looking wall of fun

Oh my Staci, What an amazing ukulele ohana and love all your accesories too... the very beautiful wall hangers and cases and music stand...even the ipu wow
hope you are liking your new home and the location.....oh boy.... I am so jealous girl.. Wow Wow Wow :) Very impressive in every way, just love it....

They look great, Staci! I also like to keep my ukes hung on the wall when the humidity level allows. That usually means from mid May to mid October here.

And once again, your new KoAloha looks fantastic! Being new, how would you compare the sound to your old crown bridge tenor? Did you have a chance to play them side by side or did you sell the old one first?

Hey, where can I get these lovely hangers?
Also, what is the brand of the case? It is really colorful^^

The cases are Kamoa brand and the uke hangers are from ToucanMango on Etsy.

They look great, Staci! I also like to keep my ukes hung on the wall when the humidity level allows. That usually means from mid May to mid October here.

And once again, your new KoAloha looks fantastic! Being new, how would you compare the sound to your old crown bridge tenor? Did you have a chance to play them side by side or did you sell the old one first?

Thanks...Nope, I did not play them side by side as I sold the old one first. This one (to my recollection) sounds as good which I am glad about since that one had been broken in nicely since it was made in 2005. This one is worming its way into being my favorite. I am still a sucker for the looks of my Kanilea but the KoAloha is definitely my best sounding uke. Unless I can ever get my hands on a Moore Bettah, this is my go to uke. ;)

Nice! I'd seen those hangers -- they look even better in your picture.

What a wonderful collection, they look fabulous displayed that way too.

I thought your cabinet was a work of art on its own. :)

How are you liking San Pedro?

It was a great cabinet and very well made. :)

I love the weather (instead of 90s to low 100s we are 70s and low 80s). We are still getting to know restaurants and stuff. The only downside is lots of noisy motorcycles outside my bedroom window. I have nothing against bikes but they can be tough to tune out when trying to sleep.

The ukes though love it here (as do the cats). :)

The ukes look great, and I'll bet these past few days you've especially been appreciating the weather - even in Santa Monica it's been hot, but my friends in Pasadena have been miserable.

The mention of motorcycles made me think of Point Fermin and Walker's Cafe - haven't been to either in forever but used to love going there :)

The ukes look great, and I'll bet these past few days you've especially been appreciating the weather - even in Santa Monica it's been hot, but my friends in Pasadena have been miserable.

The mention of motorcycles made me think of Point Fermin and Walker's Cafe - haven't been to either in forever but used to love going there :)

I know you select and treat your ukuleles with great care, JaneRay1940. Do you hang yours?

I know you select and treat your ukuleles with great care, JaneRay1940. Do you hang yours?

I don't, except for my beater laminate that hangs next to my desk - living in earthquake country, I'm not willing to take chances with the "good" ukes.

Yep, beautiful display. Living in MT, I have a ski/snowboard wall in the same vein but with humidity often in the single digits I don't dare keep my 2 nice ukes hung on a wall. It's a shame too. I do a little bit of wood working and made a pretty nice uke stand out of oak that holds my Mahalo laminate - the only one I don't worry about much. As a result of the ease of accesibility, that Mahalo can see more use than my Kala or my Martin at times.

I don't, except for my beater laminate that hangs next to my desk - living in earthquake country, I'm not willing to take chances with the "good" ukes.

Me neither, but these are fun for display.
My new ukulele/music room.
UkeWall.jpg

Top Bottom