NUD - Martin C1K

wolfchs

UU VIP
Reaction score
So I went to the first ever New Jersey Ukulele Festival held in Morristown, NJ organized by 'ScooterD35' here... and in addition to walking out of there more inspired than I ever was about ukulele playing, I walked out of there with this beauty:
Martin C1K.jpg
Like all of you in-denial of their UAS, I came in with my Dolphin uke and told myself, "no Mina, you don't need another one to add to your 16 ukuleles!" but alas, I walked in the vendor area and saw this uke staring at me in the face!!! How can you ignore it??! It's so pretty! And I know the mexican made Martin's don't get a lot of credit around here, but this one made me happy and that's the most important part ;) I think it sounds great too!
BTW, congratulations to ScooterD35 for the success of the NJ uke fest! It was my first time seeing James Hill, Jim & Liz Beloff and Victoria Vox! They were all amazing!

CONGRAT's!!! That's a beaut'...I also have a C1K and love it! I'm a little jealous, though...yours looks great!

Congratulations Mina!

When Tom (owner of The Music Den here in NJ) was setting up his booth yesterday, I tried out each of the 8 Martin Ukes he had for sale. Regardless of sizes and prices, that C1K was the one I would have taken home. I thought it's tone was the best of the bunch and I love the wood on that top, it has a lot of character. I'm not at all surprised that it was the first Uke he sold, and I'm glad it went to a UU member!

Hopefully you'll post a sound clip so everyone can here what a great instrument you got.

Scooter

very nice! yes, the new Martins sound pretty darn good....congrats!

Congrats on your new C1K. I have mostly praises for all my Martin ukes make in Mexico. I even had a T1K.

I recently bought a Martin style 2 concert. Concerts ukes are really fun and worth the UAS! hehe

Petey

Congrats! Enjoy it.

Congratulations! That's some nice koa for a C1K. Mostly the koa is quite plain on those.

@Petey: so you finally caved for the geared tuners? :)

Nice uke. Great way to find one. Congrats.

Congratulations! I think that the Mexican Martins are among the best values out there. They look great. They sound great. They are well made. And they are Martins. What's not to like?

I still own my Martin S-O, a not-so-well received uke when it came out. It looks and sounds fantastic and I still love it. It will continue to stay on my "keepers" list!

Enjoy your new Martin!

@Petey: so you finally caved for the geared tuners? :)

Yep, I crossed the line and bought a new Martin concert with geared tuners about two months ago! hehe Long story but another user around here had asked me about new Martin concert ukes at that time. I had no idea about them, but our email exchange inspired me to buy the available style 2 concert in Canada and he then bought the style 2k concert in the USA. I can say that both of us are happy campers! hehe Great ukes as the C1K must be as well.

Petey

Last edited:
Top Bottom