Pohaku Concert 10 - Curly Koa and Pearwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewKid

Reaction score
Aloha UU,

For sale is this wonderful Pohaku Concert 10 made of beautiful curly koa and pearwood. The instrument is very light and strung with Southcoast strings. It features peghed tuners, art deco fret board markers, and comes with a hard case. I bought this in May of this year and have decided to whittle my collection down to 3-4 instruments and let someone else enjoy this. Price is $700 plus $25 for shipping. Paypal preferred.

Here is builder Peter Hurney's description of this ukulele:

"This is my most recent addition I designed in 2010 (hence concert 10). I wanted a concert that was more soprano like with a strong attack and little sustain. This instrument has a lot of bite. If you like that good soprano sound but want to play a little larger instrument then this choice could be the ukulele for you."

(If someone knows how to rotate these pictures please let me know)

case.jpghead.jpgfront.jpgside.jpgback.jpg

Last edited:
What is the scale length and nut width? Any chance of a video or sound sample?
FYI the pics are really small.

What is the scale length and nut width? Any chance of a video or sound sample?
FYI the pics are really small.

The scale length is 15 inches and its a standard nut width. I got the pictures larger but I don't see any options for rotating them on the uploader.

Last edited:
Peter Hurney's work is outstanding. I was curious to hear the pear wood. Since the Turners have a soprano and a concert Pohaku already, someone better jump on this. Lovely sound and beautiful luthiery.

SOLD! Pohaku on the way to the Garden State. Thanks everyone.

Mahalo,

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom