Why did Kala discontinue their Golden Acacia line?

i just looked at the kala website. it has changed and the golden acacia is not on it, no reason for it. the solid acacia is still there and now a koa model.

Probably the same old reason such changes take place - low sales resulting in a poor return for the investment...

Are you referring to something like the KA-GAC? I had one and it warped and sounded flat and dull from the first day I had it. HMS blamed it on humidity (or lack thereof) in Phoenix, but I bought it on clearance at a low price and I think they had issues with them...certainly had issues with mine. Maybe they were built under extremely humid conditions? That's kind of what it seemed like to me.

Happens all the time. That's why, if you see a Kala model you love, better get it. Might not be there in a few months. One thing you see first if you are lucky are some "clearance" sales on a particular model, especially if it's more than one seller that is doing it for the same model. Lots of folks wish they'd have gotten the solid lacewood travel ukes, the curly maple, spruce top long neck soprano, just to name a few.

Are you referring to something like the KA-GAC? I had one and it warped and sounded flat and dull from the first day I had it. HMS blamed it on humidity (or lack thereof) in Phoenix, but I bought it on clearance at a low price and I think they had issues with them...certainly had issues with mine. Maybe they were built under extremely humid conditions? That's kind of what it seemed like to me.

No, they're made where 75% of Kala's are made. We've sold hundred's, at least, with only a few incidents. We still try to take care of customers with issues even if low humidity is a factor. We just try to educate so that a negative experience isn't repeated. Hope your well Dan. Don't mind the post but I just wanted to share some truth on the assumption made. We haven't had anything out of the ordinary with the line and they aren't discontinued because of problems. Kala has well over 100 models with new ones coming each year. Discontinuing certain ones is just what happens. We pretty much buy as much as we can in these situations because we can give an unbeatable deal.

kala makes too many models to list all on there website, you should just call them. should be still available even if its not on there website.

Thanks folks-- What y'all are saying about styles coming and going simply because there's a limit to how many styles a company wants to carry at once makes a lot of sense to me. Just thought I'd put the question out there and see if there was more to it. Who knows, maybe I'll email Kala for the heck of it..

And, yes, it all started with curiosity about the Kala GASG that showed up on the HMS specials page a week ago or so, which I am now anxiously awaiting!

And Andrew- not to be redundant, but you guys ROCK!.. Best website and customer service goin'! Thanks so much!

Top Bottom