PDA

View Full Version : Custom Boat Paddle kayak update

dtikim1
09-03-2013, 06:05 PM

Here are the latest pictures of custom Boat Paddle Kayak Tenor. Can't wait until it is finally done. The glossy finish will be sprayed on this week then another 3 weeks to cure.

Newportlocal
09-03-2013, 06:09 PM
That is a good looking ukulele! Congratulations on your upcoming NUD!

AKuker
09-03-2013, 06:23 PM
That's definitely a real beauty! Anticipation is great isn't it?

gyosh
09-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Looking pretty cool Nick's dad :)

dkcrown
09-04-2013, 01:33 AM
Your uke is looking great! I have a custom ML style that Jerry built for me. You are going to love yours!

dtikim1
09-04-2013, 03:07 AM
That is a good looking ukulele! Congratulations on your upcoming NUD!

Hate to say it...but I agree...lol

dtikim1
09-04-2013, 03:09 AM
Looking pretty cool Nick's dad :)

Thanks...will you be in Napa over the weekend? Have Nick show you his new inherited instrument

coolkayaker1
09-04-2013, 04:05 AM
Boat paddles are great, and Jerry is extremely skilled. I love high gloss, also. Will that have Pegheds? Helps keep headstock weight down on the Boat Paddles. I got to play several this past early summer, and Jerry makes a superb instrument. Thx for sharing.

PereBourik
09-04-2013, 04:56 AM
I want a custom 'ukulele some day. Boat Paddle 'Ukulele Co. is only a few hours drive away. Much like the locavore movement, I think having an instrument built locally would give me more involvement in the process.

Darn it! I had my UAS symptoms under control until this. Someday. Soon I hope...

dtikim1
09-04-2013, 06:04 AM
Boat paddles are great, and Jerry is extremely skilled. I love high gloss, also. Will that have Pegheds? Helps keep headstock weight down on the Boat Paddles. I got to play several this past early summer, and Jerry makes a superb instrument. Thx for sharing.

Just spoke to Jerry about it this morning concerning the headstock weight and he highly recommended that we go ahead with the Pegheads. I agreed with his recommendation.

Ukejenny
09-04-2013, 06:31 AM
Wow, so sleek, so elegant. Just, wow. I want to hear it.

rem50
09-04-2013, 06:44 AM
Dennis, it is looking fantastic. I know I love my plain jane Kayak but yours is the best I have ever seen. I am eager to hear it when you get it. Looking forward to the sound bite.

gyosh
09-04-2013, 07:21 AM
Thanks...will you be in Napa over the weekend? Have Nick show you his new inherited instrument

We plan on meeting up. I joked with him earlier that his inheritance is going to be in the form of custom ukulele's :) Hope to meet you some day as well. I'm down in the SD area once or twice a year and I usually try to hit one of the uke meet ups down there.

misterpk
09-04-2013, 07:42 AM
We plan on meeting up. I joked with him earlier that his inheritance is going to be in the form of custom ukulele's :) Hope to meet you some day as well. I'm down in the SD area once or twice a year and I usually try to hit one of the uke meet ups down there.

What do you mean "plan" on meeting up? If we are at the same location and we don't meet up that is just pathetic. :)

gyosh
09-04-2013, 07:49 AM
What do you mean "plan" on meeting up? If we are at the same location and we don't meet up that is just pathetic. :)

We won't be pathetic!

I'll see you Saturday if not sooner:)

dtikim1
09-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Dennis, it is looking fantastic. I know I love my plain jane Kayak but yours is the best I have ever seen. I am eager to hear it when you get it. Looking forward to the sound bite.
I am sitting here waiting for my flight to Kona, Hawaii, while a lot of ukers are on theire way to Napa....
Whats wrong with that picture..lol

I fot another 3 weeks or so to wait before it will be ready. The anticipation is killing me.

dtikim1
09-04-2013, 01:24 PM
We won't be pathetic!

I'll see you Saturday if not sooner:)
Have a couple of drinks and think that I'll be there with you guys in spirit.:D