PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Wine Country Ukulele Festival...who's going?

sonomajazz
09-04-2013, 07:01 AM
How about a UU meetup sometime Saturday.

Driving up early Saturday from San Rafael if anyone needs a ride.

MGM
09-04-2013, 07:04 AM
I will be leaving for Napa today.....see you there

sonomajazz
09-04-2013, 07:08 AM

Bringing any ukes with you Mike??

hawaii 50
09-04-2013, 07:15 AM
Bringing any ukes with you Mike??

Haha very funny!

gyosh
09-04-2013, 07:19 AM
There's another thread with the same topic.

Like I said there, I'm a tall, well insulated, too much grey in the goatee Japanese guy most likely wearing a UU shirt. Stop me and say hi.

misterpk
09-04-2013, 07:32 AM
I'll be there. I have no idea what shirt I'll be wearing. I could be down for a meetup on Saturday depending on what time it is. My wife is coming and we were planning on going wine tasting in the afternoon before Gott's.

I'm a tallish, not particularly insulated Korean dude that can't grow a goatee.

caukulele
09-04-2013, 07:43 AM
I will be there...depending on what time the meet up is, I may or may not be able to leave my booth....If you want a place to gather before the meet up, you can always meet in front of the SilvaStudio booth... we will be the colorful booth with a lot of pictures and paintings, etc.

sonomajazz
09-04-2013, 08:01 AM
I will be there...depending on what time the meet up is, I may or may not be able to leave my booth....If you want a place to gather before the meet up, you can always meet in front of the SilvaStudio booth... we will be the colorful booth with a lot of pictures and paintings, etc.

That's a great idea...10:30 am Saturday? I'll be wearing a reasonable facsimile of a Hawaiian shirt, tall, handsome, debonner, and will have my OU in hand, and for sale.

Kanaka916
09-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Mike, strings if you remember . . . Mahalos!

gyosh
09-04-2013, 08:25 AM
You going to be there Danny?

Look forward to seeing you.

Kanaka916
09-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Planning on it . . . and hopefully nothing pops up at the last minute.

manapualabs
09-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Liko (mokupuni) will be there; doing the opening blessing chant on Saturday and teaching the Hawaiian strumming patterns class on Sunday. I think he's leading a Kani Ka Pila session, too.

JonThysell
09-04-2013, 12:30 PM
I wish I could go (my family all lives in the wine country). :(

I sent my mother straight to HMS's booth though- she's looking at getting either a concert or tenor since she has trouble holding her little kamaka soprano.

AndrewKuker
09-04-2013, 01:17 PM
just looked at Mike's packing list....27 Hawaiians and more..wow! gonna be a nice booth

caukulele
09-04-2013, 01:26 PM
just looked at Mike's packing list....27 Hawaiians and more..wow! gonna be a nice booth
It's going to be a great weekend!!!!

Kanaka916
09-04-2013, 01:32 PM
An not fo mention all da odda Kama'aina dat goin be dea. . . can make luau lidat.

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
09-04-2013, 01:58 PM
I participated in the first Wine Country Uke Fest and we did indeed have a luau afterward.

Kanaka916
09-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Yea, remember that one . . . that's when I first met you. MGM was also there, his setup was first one on the left as you stepped through the double doors to the courtyard. Chuck, I believe you were on the left side.

MSG
09-05-2013, 03:32 AM
I'll be going to my first uke festival. My daughter (7 years old) and I are learning the uke together.

caukulele
09-05-2013, 05:17 AM
Welcome MSG to the forum and the Festival! You and your daughter should have lots of fun..I think they are doing free beginner lessons at the festival (even providing ukuleles for the lessons) and also on Sunday there will be special activities for the children too.

Mandarb
09-05-2013, 05:34 AM
I'll be going to my first uke festival. My daughter (7 years old) and I are learning the uke together.

Fantastic! Welcome to the UU.

mikemulqueen
09-05-2013, 06:16 AM
I'll be there -looking forward to it ! Bringing some Moku Custom Models (Tenor & Concert)
with me too ! Can't wait ;)

gyosh
09-05-2013, 06:29 AM
Looking like really hot weather for the weekend. Packing tonight and heading out right after the last bell (I'm a teacher) on Friday. Trying to beat traffic, but coming from the south bay, it's going to be tough.

hawaii 50
09-05-2013, 06:35 AM
Looking like really hot weather for the weekend. Packing tonight and heading out right after the last bell (I'm a teacher) on Friday. Trying to beat traffic, but coming from the south bay, it's going to be tough.

Hey Gary

I hope to be out there next year...visit people and go to the Festival...haha

I know you know food!haha
please give my friend Mike some ideas on nice places drinks to eat and have a few drinks...haha
..he staying in American Canyon...I told him to stop in Sausilito on his way up to Napa..

have fun my brother

gyosh
09-05-2013, 06:47 AM
Hey Gary

I hope to be out there next year...visit people and go to the Festival...haha

I know you know food!haha
please give my friend Mike some ideas on nice places drinks to eat and have a few drinks...haha
..he staying in American Canyon...I told him to stop in Sausilito on his way up to Napa..

have fun my brother

Isn't American Canyon on Hwy 29 east of Vallejo? He won't be passing through Sausalito, it'll be close to 45 minutes behind him and all the way around the north end of the bay. I met MGM a couple years ago at the Oahu Uke Fest. I don't think he'll remember me, but I'll tell him you said Hey.

Napa is all about good food and drink so he won't have to look too hard. It's more about how much $$$$ you want to spend.

Hopefully I'll see you in Hawaii before your trip next year. Either way I look forward to seeing you again.

hawaii 50
09-05-2013, 06:53 AM
Isn't American Canyon on Hwy 29 east of Vallejo? He won't be passing through Sausalito, it'll be close to 45 minutes behind him and all the way around the north end of the bay. I met MGM a couple years ago at the Oahu Uke Fest. I don't think he'll remember me, but I'll tell him you said Hey.

Napa is all about good food and drink so he won't have to look too hard. It's more about how much $$$$ you want to spend.

Hopefully I'll see you in Hawaii before your trip next year. Either way I look forward to seeing you again.

Yes you are right about American Canyon...on the other side of Sausalito...but he has to go to Kala in Petaluma first...but he already on his way by now...give him some tips on were to eat...around Napa and American Canyon...thxs

I know I will see you before next Sept...

Kanaka916
09-05-2013, 06:55 AM
American Canyon is north of Vallejo. . . . about 20-30 minutes (depending on traffic) south of Napa. Traffic gets a little busy going North on 29 but if you hit it early enough shouldn't be bad.

hawaii 50
09-05-2013, 06:58 AM
American Canyon is north of Vallejo. . . . about 20-30 minutes (depending on traffic) south of Napa. Traffic gets a little busy going North on 29 but if you hit it early enough shouldn't be bad.

I might of played golf there...is Paradise Valley close by?

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
09-05-2013, 07:21 AM
Traffic gets a little busy going North on 29 but if you hit it early enough shouldn't be bad.

Yeah, like 4:00 AM! ;)

caukulele
09-05-2013, 07:28 AM

Yes, so glad I live close and don't have to worry about that!

Kanaka916
09-05-2013, 07:39 AM
I might of played golf there...is Paradise Valley close by?
I think it's in Fairfield which is East of Vallejo and maybe about 10-15 minutes to the Highway 12 exit.

It wasn't that bad, was it Chuck? I'm driving from Sac and it'll take about an hour and a half or so. I'll leave at about 8 or so, get a cup of joe and cruise it a leisurely pace.

gyosh
09-05-2013, 07:44 AM

Chuck is having flashback, traffic-mares to his days of living in The City:)

gyosh
09-05-2013, 07:46 AM
I think it's in Fairfield which is East of Vallejo and maybe about 10-15 minutes to the Highway 12 exit.

It wasn't that bad, was it Chuck? I'm driving from Sac and it'll take about an hour and a half or so. I'll leave at about 8 or so, get a cup of joe and cruise it a leisurely pace.

Yup, Paradise Valley is in Fairfield. I'm staying in Fairfield. About a 40 minute commute, but about $100.00 cheaper than staying in Napa or St. Helena.

hawaii 50
09-05-2013, 07:50 AM
Yup, Paradise Valley is in Fairfield. I'm staying in Fairfield. About a 40 minute commute, but about $100.00 cheaper than staying in Napa or St. Helena.

Hey Gary Fountain Bleu??? in Ameircan Canyon...I played a really nice course somewhere up there...

back to the Festival...have fun..your whole family going to?
see you soon

gyosh
09-05-2013, 07:53 AM
Hey Gary Fountain Bleu??? in Ameircan Canyon...I played a really nice course somewhere up there...

back to the Festival...have fun..your whole family going to?
see you soon

Mika and James are going to enjoy the pool at the hotel and also make a trip to the Charles Schultz museum.

hawaii 50
09-05-2013, 07:58 AM
Mika and James are going to enjoy the pool at the hotel and also make a trip to the Charles Schultz museum.

Have fun...I just remember one of my favorite comfort food resturants...Mary's Pizza Shack...wow ..Ono!
I think they all over on way to Sacramento and also in Sonoma...

caukulele
09-05-2013, 08:22 AM

You will be in my town Santa Rosa, at the Charles Schultz museum! ..lot's of good places to eat and ..(and many Mary's Pizza places around Sonoma County as well). This is a great link for anyone that has some spare time at the Festival and is looking for things to do. http://www.sonomacounty.com/

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
09-05-2013, 08:39 AM
You will be in my town Santa Rosa, at the Charles Schultz museum! ..lot's of good places to eat and ..(and many Mary's Pizza places around Sonoma County as well). This is a great link for anyone that has some spare time at the Festival and is looking for things to do. http://www.sonomacounty.com/

Mary's first pizza shack was in Sebastopol, probably around 1982. Then they spread their dough all over Northern Bay. Shoots, now you're making me homesick!

caukulele
09-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Mary's first pizza shack was in Sebastopol, probably around 1982. Then they spread their dough all over Northern Bay. Shoots, now you're making me homesick!

Oh Chuck, you've got to come back for a visit! I would make you a pie with Gravenstein apples.....

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
09-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Oh Chuck, you've got to come back for a visit! I would make you a pie with Gravenstein apples.....

Now you're killing me! I'll give you a week's advance warning in order to let the cider turn hard.

hilot.h.
09-05-2013, 03:42 PM

As a former Sebastpolian I agree on Mary's Pizza Shack.Don't forget the best apple in the world The Gravenstein!!!Now at all roadside fruit stands between Occidental and Santa Rosa.Limited Time Only.This apple very seldom gets out of Sonoma County.

sonomajazz
09-06-2013, 05:25 AM
Hey MickeyRat...want me to bring the OU to the Wine Fest?? Give me a call.
Let me know. Could bring the Pohaku Reso, but it's going to be 90+ on Saturday...don't want to leave it in my car.

Tonya
09-06-2013, 08:15 AM
It looks like I'll be there (and with hubby--it's his *first* ukulele festival and my 27th or 28th, I think). I'll have my Moore Bettah tenor with me and if you like, you can play it (no scratchy belt buckles, please!). Not sure what I'll be wearing (but it will be *some*thing!); maybe my five-year-old black UU t-shirt. Perhaps I can get Mark to wear a Moore Bettah t-shirt. (I'm a little concerned for him--he doesn't play ukulele but he likes the smiles I get from going to all these festivals. I hope he enjoys it, too.)

See you all tomorrow!

gyosh
09-06-2013, 08:20 AM
As a former Sebastpolian I agree on Mary's Pizza Shack.Don't forget the best apple in the world The Gravenstein!!!Now at all roadside fruit stands between Occidental and Santa Rosa.Limited Time Only.This apple very seldom gets out of Sonoma County.

they're at many of the farmer's markets in the Santa Clara Valley.

gyosh
09-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Leaving in 2.5 hours.

Clock is much too slow today:)

caukulele
09-06-2013, 08:44 AM
It looks like I'll be there (and with hubby--it's his *first* ukulele festival and my 27th or 28th, I think). I'll have my Moore Bettah tenor with me and if you like, you can play it (no scratchy belt buckles, please!). Not sure what I'll be wearing (but it will be *some*thing!); maybe my five-year-old black UU t-shirt. Perhaps I can get Mark to wear a Moore Bettah t-shirt. (I'm a little concerned for him--he doesn't play ukulele but he likes the smiles I get from going to all these festivals. I hope he enjoys it, too.)

See you all tomorrow!
Hey Tanya, could you stop by the Silva Studio booth? I would love to meet you and see your Moore Bettah. I promise no belt buckles!

caukulele
09-06-2013, 08:45 AM
[QUOTE=gyosh;1375545]Leaving in 2.5 hours.
Safe journey Gary! See you tomorrow.

gyosh
09-06-2013, 08:47 AM
[QUOTE=gyosh;1375545]Leaving in 2.5 hours.
Safe journey Gary! See you tomorrow.

XXL if you have one:)

Hope to meet you all this weekend.

caukulele
09-06-2013, 09:26 AM
I just picked up ten pounds of Gravenstein Apples and I will give one free to every forum member who stops by my booth, until they run out. Juts come and introduce yourself!

ncwoman
09-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Its my first uke festival, too. Looks to be a lot of fun. Your daughter should love it as well. What's not to love and smile about ukuleles?

ncwoman
09-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Still learning how to post, meant to include MSG's message.

mds725
09-06-2013, 08:45 PM
I just picked up ten pounds of Gravenstein Apples and I will give one free to every forum member who stops by my booth, until they run out. Juts come and introduce yourself!

Save me a t-shirt!!!!!!! (L) .... And an apple!

Looking forward to seeing your booth.

caukulele
09-07-2013, 01:55 AM
Looks like a lovely day today...maybe a little warm, but a great day for a Festival. It will be wonderful to meet everyone.

mm stan
09-07-2013, 02:09 AM
Still learning how to post, meant to include MSG's message.

To post messages on the top left click Private messages...Welcome to UU, I know a UU member Rox from eureka california...do you know her?

MGM
09-07-2013, 02:28 AM
Aloha...leaving American Canyon for St Helena now will have lots of pictures tonight...gotta run Come say hello to Bethany and I at the festival

gyosh
09-07-2013, 02:30 AM
Looks like a lovely day today...maybe a little warm, but a great day for a Festival. It will be wonderful to meet everyone.

Are you there already?!

Never mind. You're close already. I'm staying in Fairfield. Took three hours to get here from San Jose yesterday so I missed last night's show. Next year I need to take a half day off so I can make it. Makes the show kind of expensive though:)

sonomajazz
09-07-2013, 05:25 AM
OMW!!

See you there...

ksiegel
09-07-2013, 05:34 AM
On the way over the hill from Windsor in about 30 minutes - see y'all there!

-Kurt

JonThysell
09-07-2013, 10:38 AM
I wish I could go (my family all lives in the wine country). :(

I sent my mother straight to HMS's booth though- she's looking at getting either a concert or tenor since she has trouble holding her little kamaka soprano.

I called my mother this morning to remind her (since I figured she'd forgotten). Sure enough, she thought it was the weekend of the 21st. She really wanted to try out some nice, different sized ukes since MGM and HMS was going to be there.

I just got off the phone with her and she's ecstatic: she met MGM and just bought a custom Kanilea concert. What can I say, my mom has good taste. :)