PDA

View Full Version : Colling UT2 SB

wendellfiddler
09-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Here's an opportunity to purchase a sunburst Collings tenor for way below normal price. It's been played quite a bit and has Gotoh UPT tuners. It recently came back from Collings after having some warranty work done on the bridge.

The first string slot needed some repair as a result of a string pulling through the slot - the result of installing a very light flourocarbon string with a knot that was too small. Collings fixed it without replacing the bridge and it works and looks fine. I've included a closeup of the bridge as it looks now, following the repair.

Some of the photos were taken when the uke had Aquila strings on it - it currently has Savarez strings, installed by Collings.

So it's been repaired, has had the tuners changed (although for the better in my opinion), and it's been played a lot so it has some light scratches - nothing real deep and nothing through the finish at all. Sounds incredible and plays perfectly.

$1000 plus shipping. And yes, if you don't like it you can return it within three days as long as you pay the shipping back to me.

Send me a PM if you want more information.

Doug

wendellfiddler
09-05-2013, 05:26 AM

More pics. It does come in the usual Collings hard shell case. Reasonable offers considered.

Thanks

strumsilly
09-05-2013, 08:05 AM
I'm smitten, PM sent

d-mace
09-05-2013, 08:13 AM
I'm smitten

Same here and I don't like tenors. But I do love sunburst finishes and Collings look, sound and feel great. Hope you get it!

wendellfiddler
09-05-2013, 09:55 AM
More pics - as requested, the back.

Doug

Skinny Money McGee
09-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Those Gotoh planetaries look great on that uke