what is the ONE song that is most covered?

On a uke you mean?

Would have to be Aint She Sweet, Over The Rainbow or 5'2. For more recent stuff it'd be I'm Yours.

Definitely five foot two.

My bet is on Iz' version of Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World

Given the answers when there was a thread asking everyone what songs were in their repertoires, I've got a hunch the answer is .... (shudder) .... Hallelujah.

5'2" or Somewhere Over the Rainbow

What era? Songs we cover today are not what was covered in the 1920s. For me, it's stuff like Ain't Misbehavin, Ain't She Sweet, All of Me, Side by Side and so on.

I'm loving the old stuff right now, but had no idea what is most covered. Love The Weight, but it didn't come to mind when I thought of gazillions of covers. The old stuff came to mind.

When I first joined it was I'm Yours, Crazy G followed by Five foot two. This was in 2008 the year after the sad passing of Brother Iz, so Over the rainbow became an Tribute anthem to his great contribution to the Ukulele.
As time passed and folk discovered the mighty Domiator, the forum was awash with all the great tabs from his site, which I still use all the time. Aldrine did a lesson and the following week lots of versions came about.
Then there is Jake! He was the reason I fell in love with all things Ukulele, and at that time his tabs where available from Dominators site, alas not anymore!
As the years have passed I've heard Mozart to Led Zepplen and just when I think I've heard it all, someone plays something I'd never have believed could be played on Ukulele. So onward mighty Uke and surprise me some more.

Top Bottom