PDA

View Full Version : Ukulele Glossary

michaelphipps
02-22-2008, 02:58 PM
It would be great to have a glossary of all the different Ukulele terms, particularly the playing terms, with short demonstration videos on how to do them.

That way when someone casually drops a term that beginners are unfamiliar with, we can head over to the glossary and work out what we have to do.

Howlie Boy
02-22-2008, 03:01 PM
this might be alittle hard to do. alot of time in it. not saying its a bad idea. but might work....

Howlie Boy

crookshankz
03-24-2008, 08:56 AM
I think this is a good suggestion. May be hard to pull off in one shot. But if Aldrine keeps up with his music theory tutorials (which I really enjoy btw) maybe we can add things into the glossary as he covers it?

Fonjo
03-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Yeah, it could be a working project.

Experienced members could also help by submitting pics or videos with descriptions in a thread set aside for it to help fill it out. If the examples were good they could be added.

I like the idea.

NukeDOC
03-24-2008, 10:41 AM
yeah i asked about this back when the site first started. i think the subject got lost in history. thanks for bringing this back up. since then i have found out the meanings of most of the terms i was looking for. but i still think this is a good idea. hell it took me a month to figure out what part of the uke was the soundboard hahaha.