does anyone know about these electric ukes?

iamesperambient

Reaction score
Aileen is a Chinese manufacture (No surprise there)
at NAMM I played a few of their ukes and they seemed OK. For the price I would go for it.
they don't say much about returns, but Amazon is usually good at making their sellers take stuff back if there are issues.
Better Link

at NAMM I played a few of their ukes and they seemed OK. For the price I would go for it.
they don't say much about returns, but Amazon is usually good at making their sellers take stuff back if there are issues.
Better Link
I found a black one on amazon getting it in 2 weeks only 77 bucks. just wish I knew the size.

Better Link

sorry for all the questions do you know of the have strap pegs on the top and bottom like the les paul uke?

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?82082-Pants-Wetter-Pono-CE-solid-body!

See interesting thread above. Pono is making a version of a chambered bodied electric similar to the KoOlau Ce series that should be coming to Hawaiian Music Supply in one month, October 2013. It has outstanding expectations from early reviews )some have seen a prototype), and it will be approx. $600 from what has been circulated. I own KoOLau CE-1, and if the Pono is anything like it, it'll be amazing.

http://theukulelereview.com/new-pono-ce-solid-body-tenor-review-comparison/

Last edited:
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?82082-Pants-Wetter-Pono-CE-solid-body!

See interesting thread above. Pono is making a version of a chambered bodied electric similar to the KoOlau Ce series that should be coming to Hawaiian Music Supply in one month, October 2013. It has outstanding expectations from early reviews )some have seen a prototype), and it will be approx. $600 from what has been circulated. I own KoOLau CE-1, and if the Pono is anything like it, it'll be amazing.

that's cool sadly I can't afford anything in that ball park so I'm gonna check out this one for 77 bucks. just wish I knew the wood type, size and if it has strap pegs can't find any info on them even if it's not perfect I can make my own modifications and make it better or only 77 bucks can't go wrong I suppose .

I find the A string pickup to be a little weak, other then that it plays well.

for 77 bucks I can do a little work on it if need be. once again I'd like to know it's concert or soprano and if it has strap pegs also it says it's made of solid wood but doesn't say what kind of wood which is odd considering wood type plays a giant role In the timbre of a uke.

I may have to break down and pick one of these up. I sold all my electric guitars over the past year and found myself banging out "Highway to Hell" on the uke the other day. For $77, it seems worth the gamble. :)

I may have to break down and pick one of these up. I sold all my electric guitars over the past year and found myself banging out "Highway to Hell" on the uke the other day. For $77, it seems worth the gamble. :)

I recently sold my electric baritone guitar I had for many years to buy some ukes ill be getting an epiphone les paul guitar in a few months. first wanna add this to my uke collection can't beat it for 77 bucks for a solid body while I like my les paul uke it's still not a full solid body uke. just wish I had more info on this aileen uke.

Top Bottom