Look what your donations did yall!!!

Mim

Reaction score
Ok, remember that one time when yall were so awesome and I asked if people could donate $5 towards ukes for a classroom that had only busted up ukes and yall not only came through, but I had to beg you to stop sending money, but yall kept sending money and it was awesome and I promised I would be a good steward of that money and make sure it went to some worthy cause and I was just waiting for it to come and hit me in the face and me think... THAT is the cause I want to help out!

And remember that time Bob posted about taking a couple ukes to a camp for kids with heart disease and how they ate it up but he only had a couple ukes to share among a lot of kids... so we got together and got some Ohana SK-10s for camp!

Remember?!

Well if not... still worth it to keep reading...

LOOOOOK!

It is already posted in the video and links section, but since a lot of you guys contributed once upon a time (a year and a half ago, seriously, I was looking for where it was supposed to go)... I wanted to show you where your money went. Bob posted in the videos and links section, but I think this is Uke Talk worthy because I want to make sure everyone who contributed sees it because... if you watch this video and don't have a grin from ear to ear, you have no soul! THESE KIDS ARE AWESOME! Considering the age range and the amount of time, I think we have some budding ukulele players in this group!!! And man, listen to Bob teach. I am not a good teacher, but hearing him say "you found that F really well" just makes me giddy with happiness! Bob spreading the uke love for sure!

You really see the progress from these kids just starting to learn to playing their first song! How awesome is that?! Check it out!

And thanks to Ohana who worked with me, got me a good deal, and chipped in shipping! Good people those Ohana peeps are!!!

Love this. :)

This is what the uke was made for! Regrettably, I didn't contribute to the project, although I think I remember reading about it. Glad to see those instruments being put to good use, by kids who are really enjoying the experience.

Good on you, Mim...may blessings be showered upon you and the good folks at Ohana.

Take care,

Casey

Hahaha... I just noticed the whiteboard... Bob said he renamed the class to get the most participants. Did yall notice it says "How to be cool" Haha!

Becool.jpg

Hahaha... I just noticed the whiteboard... Bob said he renamed the class to get the most participants. Did yall notice it says "How to be cool" Haha!

Becool.jpg

When the kids signed up for the session, the sign up sheet said "ukulele lessons"... That was pretty boring, and really it's more fitting to just call the class "how to be cool" ;-)

Thanks for the love on this video Mim. Glad it makes you smile. It was so great to see how much the kids (and adults) got into it.

BTW, those video clips were from the first half of the session. By the second half, we had doubled in size because kids kept coming up wanting to join the ukulele group. ;-)

If I can ever get my hands on the video of the final performance, I'll post that as well.

Dear Bob,

You are made of incredibleness.

That is all.

Love,

Uncle E

Wow, this is way cool. Sorry I missed getting in on this...it's beautiful!

Love, love, love this. Kids and music, two of God's greatest gifts.

Rad! Cool video. Wish I'd have found the uke as a youngster. I'd probably be a lot better than I am now!!!haha!

Wow, that was really amazing!
GREAT project!
Thanks for sharing this video!

Awesomeness Defined!!!
I wasn't around when donations were taken , just joined group recently.This lets me know I joined a good group of people...

Please keep me informed for the next time you want or need donations, this is so awesome and I wish that I was a part of it.

Top Bottom