1940's Martin Style 0 Soprano

sbpark

Reaction score
Update: Ukulele is SOLD!

This is a really sweet uke, but I really don't play it enough to justify keeping it around, and would be just as happy playing an Ohana (blasphemy, right?!) I'm a guitar player and only selling the uke to fund the purchase of a Telecaster. It's from the 1940's, all original, in amazing condition, sounds great, and included is the really nice, high quality hardshell case. $700 includes a bomber packing job, shipping and insurance to the Lower 48/Continental USA only. Thanks, and feel free to ask any questions!

Here's a video/sound sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCjfITGS_K8&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
I've always found that a video and sound sample always helps people pull the trigger and buy! Works on me all the time!
BTW, nice looking uke!

Funny you should mention that...I have a video sample and will see how I can load it up...

Had a few offers over the weekend, but she's still available! I apologize to those overseas, but i'd like to only ship to the Lower 48 or local pickup in the Denver, CO area.

It sounds great! What's the tune you're playing? I live on the other side of the state, but unfortunately, don't have the funds for anything right now. I don't have a Style 0 though... maybe in a few months if it's still available. *Sigh*

Nice one, cleaner than mine. I've had it for 62 years and in my younger days, it didn't always get the care it needed, especially when I left it with my elderly dad for a while while I was stationed overseas.. I still maintain they are "the" soprano uke to beat.

Nice one, cleaner than mine. I've had it for 62 years and in my younger days, it didn't always get the care it needed, especially when I left it with my elderly dad for a while while I was stationed overseas.. I still maintain they are "the" soprano uke to beat.

I've owned a vintage Favilla, Koaloha, and an Ohana and by far this one has the best tone for sure!

Very nice ukulele - I just bought a 52 Soprano from the original owner - this is a good price with the case. Sounds Great.

What's the song in the video? What strings are on it now?

Very nice ukulele - I just bought a 52 Soprano from the original owner - this is a good price with the case. Sounds Great.

What's the song in the video? What strings are on it now?

It's the first part of 'Magic Ukulele Waltz'. The strings are Worth Clears. I think they sound the best on this ukulele.

Wednesday morning bump! Surprised there's not more interest in this uke!

Has this found a new home?

Nice one, cleaner than mine. I still maintain they are "the" soprano uke to beat.

Listening to the utube clip makes me tend to agree. I don't believe the newer Martins can compare with the vintage ones though.

So, its better to buy this vintage one then a new one.

good luck with the sale.

Uke is still available. I'd like to apologize to those who have PM'd me recently. I just wrote you all back. Have been super busy with moving to a new city and starting a new job, but things have settled now and I have more time and will check my Inbox more often!

Hi, would you know the nut width and string spacing at the saddle?

No idea. Whatever it is supossed to be on a vintage Martin! It's all original and has never been modified, etc.

Top Bottom