U bass?

boyboylover

Reaction score
As I am a ukulele player, I like ukulele because it is small, sound interesting, cute, and portable, whatever, we have to learn u-bass at the same time to jam with friends also? or directly play the bass guitar instead?

Is it the same tuning to the bass guitar?

What is the reason if we play the u-bass rather than the bass guitar??

Let's talk... ^^

Tuning is the same. Reason for liking I guess would be the small size as compared to a full scale bass. Easier to hold and easier to play.

They're are a lot easier to bring with you wherever you're going. They're easier to play however I personally don't like the sound the rubber strings make. If I were you I'd start with a real bass then maybe get a Ubass later on

Yep, it's the EADG tuning. If you've played regular bass or guitar you'll have no problem. If you've just played uke it may take some getting use to.

For some the string take some getting use to. I've heard that the Aquila ThunderGut strings aren't as soft, but personally haven't tried them. The small size is a plus for me. If you are in a quiet room with one or two ukes/guitars you may get by without amplification but that's about it.

The main reason I play my ubass is that it's damn fun! I like getting the upright sound out of that little instrument.

To each there own.

It seems that they sound more like an upright bass than a regular bass. Huge sound! I wasn't sure I'd get the hang of bass, so I found a Samick 34" MCR-1 Micro Bass for just a hair over $100. If I take to the bass, a solid mahogany or acacia Ubass will still be on my list. I got a copy of eMedia Bass Method...about as close to "idiot proof" bass lessons as one can get (I guess I'll be testing that supposition).

Top Bottom