Your Favorite Parts of Wine Country Ukulele Festival

Dan Uke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
For those of us who couldn't go, please share some of your highlights!!

Pics and Videos would be cool!!

Hey Daniel...

it is only a hour flight or a 6 hour drive to the Festival...why are you still in SoCal....haha
lets go next year...

That's what I was thinking. When I did the show a customer of mine drove up from San Diego.

Chuck you ever think/want to make another appearance in Napa...you can do autographs...charge $10.00 each..I be your accountant or Daniel might be better at it,since he in banking....Lol

just joking, but I bet your fans would love to see you in person...

MGM's Facebook has many pictures(of the HMS) booth so far...hope he can move around for more pictures of the Festival...

My daughter's Bday is tmrw so unless it's a difft weekend, my daughter can think of 100 things to do besides attending a uke fest!

I need to go to Hawaii instead during the summer. I still need to buy you lunch for your generous hospitality last time!

Hey Daniel...

it is only a hour flight or a 6 hour drive to the Festival...why are you still in SoCal....haha
lets go next year...

My daughter's Bday is tmrw so unless it's a difft weekend, my daughter can think of 100 things to do besides attending a uke fest!

I need to go to Hawaii instead during the summer. I still need to buy you lunch for your generous hospitality last time!

Her birthday's tomorrow, not today. Some fan. If you leave now you can be there in time for dinner and the concert and then drive back and be home before your daughter wakes up in the morning.

No problem...you the guest I will get lunch...hoping to see Chuck on Oahu one day too..got to meet him for lunch/dinner too...he is a legend but does not act like it...haha

maybe one day at the Wine Country Festival...

:
Her birthday's tomorrow, not today. Some fan. If you leave now you can be there in time for dinner and the concert and then drive back and be home before your daughter wakes up in the morning.

I would definitely need to take a plane as I have a wine bottle minimum. I think there was a thread about ukes sounding better. LOL

:

I would definitely need to take a plane as I have a wine bottle minimum. I think there was a thread about ukes sounding better. LOL

The only people commenting are the unlucky ones not there! Can't wait for some updates!!

I can tell you flat out that the heat wasn't the best part. between 95 and 100 degrees F, and my wife was melting. The workshops were indoors, but the vendors were all outdoors, as were the concerts.

I got to bow down at Ken Middleton's feet, as I said I would, and went to his "Getting Out Of Your Rut" workshop - a well done workshop, and worthwhile. I liked his talking about playing and using different approaches to songs, and he used one I was only vaguely familiar with - "Friday I'm In Love", by The Cure.

the other workshop I attended was Sarah Maisel's "Playing Up The Neck", again worth going to. Like the "Ukulele Roadmap" and others, it focused on using four basic chord shapes, identifying the root of the chord (which I understand better now), and playing anywhere you want, with those shapes.

Both workshops emphasized that playing in groups sounds better if the players mix 1st, 2nd, and 3rd position chords.

I was thrilled to meet KevDog and his wife at the John S. Kinnard booth (And to play both the Road Trip uke again and three others), to meet MGM face to Face, meet DougF, Craig Chee, Eli Turner- Rick's very talented son!- and see Rick again, and meet Denise Silva, Toni, Mike DaSilva, spend time with gyosh and TCK again, and the brief introductions to so many more! Impromptu jam sessions were great, and having some Super-talented folks pass some mojo onto the new Uke was a thrill.

Having Rick Turner install a strap button on my Donaldson Uke was Real Cool, too.

Sadly, the weather was just too much for us, and so we had to skip the Open Mike at Gott's - if it were indoors, we could have done it, but this was not to be.

So it was back over the hill to Windsor, a cold beer, and we're hitting the hay early. Breakfast in the AM with TCK and TCW, and a visit to the Sonoma County Bird Rescue Center.

I can tell you flat out that the heat wasn't the best part. between 95 and 100 degrees F, and my wife was melting. The workshops were indoors, but the vendors were all outdoors, as were the concerts.

I got to bow down at Ken Middleton's feet, as I said I would, and went to his "Getting Out Of Your Rut" workshop - a well done workshop, and worthwhile. I liked his talking about playing and using different approaches to songs, and he used one I was only vaguely familiar with - "Friday I'm In Love", by The Cure.

the other workshop I attended was Sarah Maisel's "Playing Up The Neck", again worth going to. Like the "Ukulele Roadmap" and others, it focused on using four basic chord shapes, identifying the root of the chord (which I understand better now), and playing anywhere you want, with those shapes.

Both workshops emphasized that playing in groups sounds better if the players mix 1st, 2nd, and 3rd position chords.

I was thrilled to meet KevDog and his wife at the John S. Kinnard booth (And to play both the Road Trip uke again and three others), to meet MGM face to Face, meet DougF, Craig Chee, Eli Turner- Rick's very talented son!- and see Rick again, and meet Denise Silva, Toni, Mike DaSilva, spend time with gyosh and TCK again, and the brief introductions to so many more! Impromptu jam sessions were great, and having some Super-talented folks pass some mojo onto the new Uke was a thrill.

Having Rick Turner install a strap button on my Donaldson Uke was Real Cool, too.

Sadly, the weather was just too much for us, and so we had to skip the Open Mike at Gott's - if it were indoors, we could have done it, but this was not to be.

So it was back over the hill to Windsor, a cold beer, and we're hitting the hay early. Breakfast in the AM with TCK and TCW, and a visit to the Sonoma County Bird Rescue Center.

You left too soon. Gott's cooled down quickly, within 20 minutes of getting there I'd say. Great seeing you and Nancy again!

Got to witness some awesome impromptu jamming at our table with Craig Chee, Sarah Maisel, Paul Hemmings, Jason Arimoto also some juice(sp?) harp by Mike DaSilva.

This was my first time at Gott's and it was a blast!

Top Bottom