I gifted my first Uke today.

Capt-Dave

Reaction score
I am now officially a part of the Ukulele community. :cool: Today I gave away a Ukulele. It went to my Granddaughter for her 13th birthday. Giving away a Uke is a great way to spread enthusiasm for these little instruments. In this case the Uke was a Kala Ukadelic (Texas Flag). A great little starter Uke for her.

I hope to give away more as time goes on.

image.jpg

Very cool, as soon as the 30th rolls around I will be giving a friend of mines daughter her first Ukelele for her 9th B-Day ( a blue Ohana SK-10bl)

Good stuff. Always great to make the world a better place. Hope she enjoys it, and you get to play together.

Good for you! I've given 3 of my adult children ukes and they are not only all hooked but have spread the love to others...it just keeps growing. Another plus is I have more people to play with.

It always feels great to gift a Uke, doesn't it? :shaka:

Well done my friend! It is a very nice feeling and thanks for sharing your story.

Way to go. Glad it worked out well.

Ah, OP, that's absolutely great. . . it's a small but deep work of charity, even if the recipient has material goods, since people may not recognize that there are joys in making music. In a way, you've given a blessing and hopefully you'll end up hearing music that itself is a blessing!

Congrats, the gift of music is as good as it gets.... I know it's contagious too.....it's not gonna be your last....I've done some too.... :)

It's hard to say who gets the most joy out of it, the givee or the giver!

While I think sharing your passion and gifting a uke can be a wonderful thing, please consider how receptive the recipient will be.

Just because grandma's passion is knitting doesn't mean the grandchildren are going to be interested in receiving a "knit your first afghan" kit.

Top Bottom