Kanilea gurus, i need some information about the K-4

srpompon

Reaction score
Aloha,

I'm looking for some information on the Kanilea K-4 tenor, this one doubles in price to a K-1 Premium, has a similar cost to a good custom of Mya Moe or similar.

On the website of Kanilea the only difference i can see compared to other products is an extra decoration, inlays, etc..

Within the assembly process at the factory, is cast by the same luthiers? has more dedication? worth the difference?

thank you!

Ivan

I bought a K-1 concert a couple of years back.

All I can say is that it is probably my favourite thing in the whole world. It is definitely my favourite (and most playable) of the 6 ukuleles I own. It is a beautiful thing, and the workmanship is outstanding.

The company's service and attention to your needs I found second to none. I would recommend them without hesitation.

Good luck.

it is primarily more bling. However, I played one and it sounded extra good- amazing, actually. I think they do take extra time with those high-end Kanileas.

if I were picking between the two, no doubt I would go Kanilea K-4.

What were you looking at spending? Collings? Taylor? Kamaka? Ko'olau?

If you want to go deep...DeVine...and MooreBettah...maybe look at Hive Ukulele...just recommendations

I have a K4. (It's labeled a custom, but it's pretty much the same specs as a K4.) You're pretty much paying for the bling. It's certainly steep, and the sound is actually about the same as any other Kanilea. But if you can afford it, that abalone purfling and rosette is beautiful. It's heads and shoulders above the cheaper abalone that you might see in less expensive ukuleles like Ponos. They use top grade abalone in those inlays.

If you call Kamaka to order a factory special, they also offer different grades of abalone, with the higher grades commanding slight premiums. The higher grades have more colors: blues, greens, pinks--rather than just white. The K4 is definitely using the good stuff and is stunning in person.

I have a K4. (It's labeled a custom, but it's pretty much the same specs as a K4.) You're pretty much paying for the bling. It's certainly steep, and the sound is actually about the same as any other Kanilea. But if you can afford it, that abalone purfling and rosette is beautiful. It's heads and shoulders above the cheaper abalone that you might see in less expensive ukuleles like Ponos. They use top grade abalone in those inlays.

such a flamer

Top Bottom