Solid-Body Ukulele Brands; and Steel-Strings

SonSprinter

Reaction score
Could you please provide a listing of solid-body ukulele brands? I know there is Eleuke. But any others?

I am also considering a steel-string solid-body ukulele, also possibly in a 19” (jumbo tenor) scale. But are steel-strings harder to play?

I have an old 19” (jumbo tenor) scale, and I find it a bit easier to play a little higher up on the neck than the tenor 17”. But perhaps I’ll just go for a baritone, which I think is like 21”. I thought someone posted a link to a steel-string solid-body ukulele in a 19” scale. But I could not find it again.

A little pricier, but check out the Risa's and the Kamoas.

To start with 19" scale length is a baritone ukulele. This was the original baritone scale length. Jumbo tenor is just a marketing name used by companies that already have a baritone ukulele in their collection with a longer scale length.

I have a Jupiter Creek concert scale steel string ukulele and the string tension is OK although the string tension at GCEA on a tenor would be higher. You use regular guitar steel strings. Cheap and so much choice.

Anthony

Top Bottom