FS: Mystery Koa Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

provines

Reaction score
Here's an odd bird. I picked this up from Lynne on FMM last month. She's been selling off her husband's collection. The back story on this uke is that it was used by the chorus in Bette Midler's Vegas show during the song Ukulele Lady. She doesn't remember who made it. I've watched grainy video of the song from Bette's show on YouTube but can't see it in the background so for now, the backstory is unconfirmed. The chorus is the group of people playing behind Bette, not her bedazzled Flea. There is a remnant of a label still affixed to the headstock. Black lettering on a clear plastic sticker. You have to look really close at the headstock to see it. There is a little groove on the bridge from someone removing a pin to replace a string and a few little grooves on the headstock when someone removed the label. The intonation is very good.
This uke is solid Koa, the neck, the bridge, the fretboard, and the body. Pretty cool. I just need to raise some money.

UPDATE: I removed the existing pickup and replaced it with a K&K Big Shot. I no longer need to run an external preamp between the uke and my amp! Yea! And..... I didn't realize that this uke is wired for an undersaddle pickup. I left the pickup under the saddle because I like the existing height of the saddle and didn't want to dig out the pickup. The pin is now silver/chrome instead of the bronze pin. It matches the tuners now.

I don't have anything to compare this uke to. So, price? I'll set it at $750 shipped but feel free to correct up/down my pricing. I'll always listen to trade options too. Thanks for looking.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Last edited:
I replaced the undersaddle pickup with a K&K Big Shot today at lunch. I no longer need the preamp between my uke and amp anymore. Yea!

Hey, do you have any sound sample ?
Would like to hear the sound :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom