Traveler Uke - anyone tried one yet?

billten

Reaction score
I have a traveler ultralite guitar which is really excellent quality and great for travel (i am on the road 150 days a year to it is great for noodling around in a hotel room). Looking at the Traveler ultralite uke they are just releasing, anyone had a chance to play with it yet? Curious about their impressions as to size and playability...

It here for anyone interested:
http://www.travelerguitar.com/products/acousticelectric/ultra-light/ultra-light-ukulele/

The ultralight looks good. I always have my RISA Concert with me when I travel. I just checked, my RIZA is one inch longer and 4 oz. lighter than the ultralight above.

As for playability, the RISA comes with a strap. It would be difficult for me to play without it. Should be similar for the ultralight.

Last edited:
Looks like a nice design, especially with the tuner placement. I'd almost want a cover for the back to protect the strings from snagging, though.

Looks like a nice design, especially with the tuner placement. I'd almost want a cover for the back to protect the strings from snagging, though.

It looks kind of like that but never a problem with my utlralight guitar so i think it should be similar. Thing i like about traveler is my experience has been really good quality construction, that's why i wanted to know if anyone actually had played one yet.

Looks very similar to a Risa Uke Stick

I built my travel uke. Building a new one as per the plans on circuits and strings.com
Built the right way.
:)

I love my Bruko Custom -

Top Bottom