WTB a mini uke aka Tangi Mini or similar

Reaction score
Hi fellow Ukesters!! I'm currently in the process of teaching myself to play and pleased with the results so far. I take my uke with me every day.

I have problems with anxiety and rather than take my regular soprano uke with me, I'd like to acquire one of these Tangi Mini ukes or something very close to it so I can just put it in a protective little padded case and take it where ever I go no matter where I go. Sometimes for me just knowing that I have it and can take it out and play for a few minutes helps me through an episode of anxiety.

If anyone out there would be willing to sell their Tangi for a reasonable price or knows someone who makes something similar in size and can point me in that direction I'd be grateful. You'd be helping a fellow uker keep her anxiety in check....trust me, it's not a fun thing to have!

Feel free to email me at Shooey@aol.com

Keep strummin' and hummin' folks!

Jersey UkeChik aka Sharon :cool:

There a nice deal for a kala mahogany Uke right now... I already have the spalted maple version.

It's not as small as a tangi, but Itplays a lot better...

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...-Uke-Vinatage-Kamaka-Kala-Limited-Edition-ect

Hi fellow Ukesters!! I'm currently in the process of teaching myself to play and pleased with the results so far. I take my uke with me every day.

I have problems with anxiety and rather than take my regular soprano uke with me, I'd like to acquire one of these Tangi Mini ukes or something very close to it so I can just put it in a protective little padded case and take it where ever I go no matter where I go. Sometimes for me just knowing that I have it and can take it out and play for a few minutes helps me through an episode of anxiety.

If anyone out there would be willing to sell their Tangi for a reasonable price or knows someone who makes something similar in size and can point me in that direction I'd be grateful. You'd be helping a fellow uker keep her anxiety in check....trust me, it's not a fun thing to have!

Feel free to email me at Shooey@aol.com

Keep strummin' and hummin' folks!

Jersey UkeChik aka Sharon :cool:

Hi,

a fellow UU member (john - UU name weerpool) makes beautiful custom tiny ukes.

You could try to send him a mail...and ask him for a quote, although I am struggling to have a reply from him lately plus his inbox is full so I can't send him a PM either...

Last edited:
BMacir....do you know if he makes those with a standard size neck/fretboard and a smaller body or is the whole thing smaller in scale??

That I know, he makes standard size neck/fretboard, so that they are playable, but he makes his ukes all by hand with very few - if any - electric tools and he is very open to whatever request you may have (if you can get in touch with him...)

EDIT: check out this video where he details some specs of some of his ukes.

BMacir....do you know if he makes those with a standard size neck/fretboard and a smaller body or is the whole thing smaller in scale??

Last edited:
If you plan to actually play it I'd suggest the Kala pocket uke or the Ohana sopranino. You can play the Tangi, but the pocket uke and sopranino are much easier to play, and easier to get a hold of. The Kala is smaller then the Ohana, but bigger then the Tangi.

What are everyone's thoughts on the Tom pocket ukes? I've read and heard some good things about them too!! Just curious!

If you plan to actually play it I'd suggest the Kala pocket uke or the Ohana sopranino. You can play the Tangi, but the pocket uke and sopranino are much easier to play, and easier to get a hold of. The Kala is smaller then the Ohana, but bigger then the Tangi.

Played the Kala p'uke over the weekend and it's difficult to appreciate how small it is from the pix...it belongs on a keychain, but it is fun, and playable. Is the Tangi smaller?? Really??

What are everyone's thoughts on the Tom pocket ukes? I've read and heard some good things about them too!! Just curious!

They are smaller than the Ohana sopranino and they are shallow as those thinline travel ukes. I have one and like it. It isn't expensive as the Kala Pocket and Ohana sopranino, and it's made of laminated wood, so it's sturdier. I tune it to cFAD with Martin strings.

Can I tune it to GCEA though? I'm just learning and want to stay the same for learning purposes at this time!

This is my first post i have mini one made by john on here its on the page linked its tiny , its made from solid koa it sounds amazing for its size id chose this other my iuke or sopranino , obviosly its not a soprano so doesnt sound anywhere near as good but its very much playable how do u post pics il get one up there very affordable aswell mine took along time to get deliverd tho but im in london, ive uploaded a vid to youtube for u to see one, il post link in a minute

Last edited:
Top Bottom