Ease of Eleuke

liquid_wind

Reaction score
I have been playing ukulele for about four months now, and have played my sisters acoustic guitar a little bit as well, but I was told that electric is a lot easier to play. While I still prefer the acoustic sound it was much easier. Is the eleuke similar in this aspect?

Well define easier. I find the thinner body of a fully electrified uke a lot easier to hold if I'm in the kicked back on the couch position.

Otherwise, what everyone else said. :)

Electric guitars tend to have much lower actions than the sort of cheap acoustics people have laying around, which can make them easier to play. A good acoustic guitar can have a plenty low action too, however.

Ukes are different. Acoustic ukuleles are nylon strung, so it's not hard or painful to press down the strings even if the action IS high. Like guitars, as well, there's no reason for the action to BE high on an acoustic ukulele. I don't know about the eleuke, but some electric ukes are steel strung, and might actually be harder on your fingers. The super short scale, however, means string tension is pretty low, so it shouldn't be SO hard.

I don't know about the eleuke, but some electric ukes are steel strung, and might actually be harder on your fingers.

As a cursory googling will tell you, the Eleuke has nylon strings and an active piezzo undersaddle pickup.

Just for the record.

----------------------

Also, I have one, and it's one of my favorites. The ability to play quietly really means it gets a lot of use.

They might say electric is easier from another guitar school of thought. If you mess up while playing an electric, and you have the overdrive on for a real dirty sound, then it's not as readily apparent than if you were playing an acoustic guitar, where the mistake would leap out at you.

If you put those kind of effects on a uke, yeah, it'll hide the mistakes, or make the mistakes sound like they were on purpose.

Top Bottom