FS: Maui Music Koa Deluxe T4K-DLX

Status
Not open for further replies.

soupking

Reaction score
I bought this about six months ago off of Flea Market Music. Paid $1,200. Shortly after receipt I noticed a raised divot on the back which I assumed was a crack. There were also some weird stains on the inside of the uke, which are pictured. Anyway, I took it to Philadelphia's premiere luthier Ron Ruggerio who looked it over. He told me it's not a crack on the back, and that he couldn't say for sure what the stains on the inside were. Basically, his thoughts were that it's an awesome instrument that he actually thanked me for bringing in just so he could check it out (GREAT dude, I highly recommend his services to anyone around town), and he basically just said keep an eye on it, but he didn't see any issues whatsoever.

Bottom line is I have too many ukes. All of my other ukuleles were purchased new except for this one, so this goes up first. This thing is pretty outrageous in detail; just look at the pics. Peter still makes these, and they sell for upwards of $2,000. HOWEVER, the amount of detail that you see on this particular '08 model is pretty incredible, and his latest models have no fingerboard or headstock binding; this thing is multiple bound from head to toe.

So, despite the issues listed, which is as much as I know based on what Ron told me, I feel like this is a good deal. I'll be taking a greater than three hundred dollar loss when it's all said and done for what I consider to be a work of art. It will come with a Uke Crazy Alligator tenor case, and I'll cover shipping and insurance. Please don't add any negative commentary unless you're interested in buying, or hunches unless you know what you're talking about. If you have any questions, email me at soupking215(at)aol.com. I'd prefer to ship CONUS; however, if any senior members overseas are interested, I'll consider it but I won't make any guarantees about that. Price is firm and I'm in no rush to sell...

http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/soupking/library/Maui%20Music%20T4K-DLX?sort=3&page=1

The uke is light, balanced, sounds great with these Freemont Blacklines, and plays effortlessly. I'm moving away from custom instruments and sticking with a select few mostly production models. I went way overboard over the years and need to offload. I'll be listing quite a few more ukes in the days to come. Stay tuned and thanks for looking... -- Matt

UGH asking $1,000...

Last edited:
As good as it gets. Some of the best ukes being made today. Best deal on the board right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom