Collings UT-1 Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTurner

Reaction score
SOLD

For sale is my Collings UT-1 mahogany tenor with the traditional "single point" headstock. I purchased this uke about 9 months ago from Acoustic Music Works. I have enjoyed it, but need to sell it to accommodate a new purchase. This is a wonderful player, with an excellent feel to the neck. It's lively and resonant, light and well balanced.

There are two minor cosmetic issues.
1. On right upper bout is a small abraded area. You must be up close to see it.
2. The finish has two very slightly shiny spots where it was touched/held: a slight bit under the neck and a narrow spot on the lower bout. They are very slight and hard to photograph; you can only see them at certain angles.

Otherwise, this uke is in excellent condition. It's currently strung with Southcoast Medium re-entrants, B tuning.

Other particulars:

Mahogany body and neck
• Tortoise and wood nitrite strip rosette
• Satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish
• Rosewood peghead overlay with inlaid ivoroid Collings logo
• Rosewood fingerboard
• Mortise and tenon neck joint
• 19 Frets, neck joins the body at the 13th fret
• "C" shape neck and 1.73" string spacing
• 12" Fingerboard radius
• 1 3/8" Bone nut
• 17" Scale length
• Ivoroid dot fingerboard inlays
• Pegheds tuners with 4:1 ratio
• A really nice Collings deluxe hardshell case

I'm asking $850 plus shipping via Paypal.

Soundfile sample: https://app.box.com/s/f7pmfa00k1d2prcfjdje

Bottom.jpgCollings in case.jpgHeadstock.jpgTop angle.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmm... I just tried the embedded video with no success, Craig.

Private, perhaps?

Beautiful Collings, by the way. Hard to go wrong with mahogany.

That's weird, Connor, because it plays on my computer.

Doesn't work for me either, Ginny. Must be a YouTube setting that needs to be adjusted...

Sounds sweet, Craig. What's that first little riff you're playing?

Good luck with the sale.

Hey, Connor. First riff is Craig doin' his thang. : ) Really no idea where it came from. Thanks, mister.

Nice Collings you've got there. I'm going to be selling a couple of mine soon but mine are going to eBay. One like yours will sell there for $1050 to $1100. Minus eBay and PayPal fees you'll still pocket more then your asking price here. You've got it listed at a great price by the way.
Good luck with your sell.

New Collings UT-1 tenors currently list at $1,650. If you want to try a UT-1, this one is at a great price. If I didn't already have one I'd buy this one.

For sale is my Collings UT-1 mahogany tenor with the traditional "single point" headstock. I purchased this uke about 9 months ago from Acoustic Music Works. I have enjoyed it, but need to sell it to accommodate a new purchase. This is a wonderful player, with an excellent feel to the neck. It's lively and resonant, light and well balanced.

There are two minor cosmetic issues.
1. On right upper bout is a small abraded area. You must be up close to see it.
2. The finish has two very slightly shiny spots where it was touched/held: a slight bit under the neck and a narrow spot on the lower bout. They are very slight and hard to photograph; you can only see them at certain angles.

Otherwise, this uke is in excellent condition. It's currently strung with Southcoast Medium re-entrants, B tuning.

Other particulars:

Mahogany body and neck
• Tortoise and wood nitrite strip rosette
• Satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish
• Rosewood peghead overlay with inlaid ivoroid Collings logo
• Rosewood fingerboard
• Mortise and tenon neck joint
• 19 Frets, neck joins the body at the 13th fret
• "C" shape neck and 1.73" string spacing
• 12" Fingerboard radius
• 1 3/8" Bone nut
• 17" Scale length
• Ivoroid dot fingerboard inlays
• Pegheds tuners with 4:1 ratio
• A really nice Collings deluxe hardshell case

I'm asking $850 plus shipping via Paypal.

Soundfile sample: https://app.box.com/s/f7pmfa00k1d2prcfjdje

View attachment 58627View attachment 58628View attachment 58629View attachment 58630

Nice Collings you've got there. I'm going to be selling a couple of mine soon but mine are going to eBay. One like yours will sell there for $1050 to $1100. Minus eBay and PayPal fees you'll still pocket more then your asking price here. You've got it listed at a great price by the way.
Good luck with your sell.

Mark...
On behalf of myself, Craig, and others who shop and sell here on the Ukulele Underground Marketplace, I'd like to thank you for being such a strong supporter of our little community.

I'd like to buy it. Could you ship it to Japan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom