my connections to the 'ukulele

Kaneohe til the end

Reaction score
My brother went to Roy Sakuma's studo when he was younger, when i started going in Dec 2007, i had the same teacher my brother had (just older and better looking). She is friends with Aldrine and she referred me to, guess where, UU.
My dad is classmates with MGM. Although my dad was somewhat of a prick in high school (actually, hes just less of a prick now).
I just found out my mom was classmates with Fred Kamaka, of Kamaka ukulele.
My mom also said that the factory caught fire (although i couldnt find anything on this) My grandpa's firefighter unit responded, so thats how my grandpa got the gold label kamaka, which he gave to me and my brother.

and starting this friday, im gona be working at koaloha. :D:D:D

small world huh.

share some of your connections with 'ukulele

Wow, your whole life is quite uke-ified. I would love to be that lucky! I live in Utah... beautiful place.. but unless I start a revolution here then my only connection to the Uke will be my hands.

My Grandfather married my Grandmother because of a uke. She had one and he didn't so he'd go and borrow the uke from her constantly. One day he just surprised her with a song and the rest is history.

Wow, your whole life is quite uke-ified. I would love to be that lucky! I live in Utah... beautiful place.. but unless I start a revolution here then my only connection to the Uke will be my hands.

maybe you should start callin git Uke-tah.

those are some great connections, KaneoheTTE!

i have nothing. unless you want to count the aldrine clone that i'm growing in a petri dish from DNA harvested off leftover pizza crust when they were on tour last year.

When I told my mom I started playin she told me Great Granddad played, said she might still have some pic's of him playin, Raccoon coat and all.

My grandfather sang and played uke, and my grandmother would join him on vocals. Mom tells me they had a little routine they'd perform for the family. There are pictures of him playing an old Martin soprano, but unfortunately nobody knows where that ended up. I found his old baritone in his house after he died, and it was my first real uke experience.

Top Bottom