Recommend a case for my KoAloha.

Frank2304

Reaction score
Hello... I planned to use my LaniKai hard foam case for my KoAloha concert but the case section that the body sits in is much wider than the uke body. See pic. Can someone recommend a hard foam case that will fit my KoAloha concert snuggly? She rattles around in this case. Thank you!

IMG_3073.jpg

I had the same issue with my Koaloha and Uke Crazy case. So to solve the problem I went to the fabric store and bought some extremely soft, black cloth. I cut a couple of pieces that were about 10 inches wide by about 20 inches long ( i think, I cant remember exactly). Then I folded/rolled the cloth up so it was the same depth as the case and sewed up the ends.
Essentially its like making a couple of "soft shims" that fill in the gap. The cloth shims stay in place when I take the uke out.
Its a really easy quick fix for your case.

The Ukulele Site(aka HMS) has a Kanile'a Deluxe concert case that fits your Ko'Aloha perfectly...
in black or brown...

they have them in stock now....good luck

Thanks... I read the one review on that case and it had to do with the handle breaking. For $59 +shipping I would hope the handle wasn't held together with a staple as stated in the review. Do you have one?

I think I want to get one of the hard foam cases that are covered in black canvas like the one I have except I would like a snug fit.

Last edited:
Thanks... I read the one review on that case and it had to do with the handle breaking. For $59 +shipping I would hope the handle wasn't held together with a staple as stated in the review. Do you have one?

I think I want to get one of the hard foam cases that are covered in black canvas like the one I have except I would like a snug fit.

I have the 3 of older ones and the handle is fine...

but they came out with a new case with a different handle,only case that fits your uke like a glove...

I'm trying to upload pictures of the cloths shims I made for my case. They're not fancy looking, but they work great!

Guess I can't upload images from my phone :(

What I really like about this case is how much you can put in it. theres room for a humidifier up at the head and a folded up cooper stand with a tuner in the compartment. Even an ipad in the outer zip pocket. they're also pretty strong, light and inexpensive.

I tried a case like the Kanilea and didnt really like it. I like to carry the case on my back and that case was heavy and cumbersome. And didnt hold much more than the tuner. And gig bags didnt offer enough protection.

i guess what i'm getting at is its really cheap, snug and effective way to protect your Koaloha in the case you already have.

I do think the Kanilea and the tweed Uke Crazy cases look better, but this was a case where i had to go with function over form.

No matter what you do, congratulations on the great uke!

Attachments

• case1.jpg
    case1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 36
TGI Hard cases (the ones that look like a faux carbon fibre) are superb and snug - loads of padding.

I just got the new kanilea case in brown from HMS for my new Pono.
The handle is fine.
I can't even see where a "staple" might be.
It's a fine case.

Top Bottom